The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Hi @Seacat77 … VERY Very good… you will be awed … they (dCS) are the best dac I had heard… and they got a good history w dacs for decades … I strongly recommend you go for a demo … very expensive but serve your $$ well for many many years :smiley: end game source I would say

1 Like

U can demo Lina , bartok , rosinni , and the crown jewel - vavaldi … all these won’t let you down . And they can pair up w a clock . And they goes very well with NAIM … I demoed a few good renowned dac, I go for the dCS in the end … @Seacat77

1 Like

@Seacat77 And the 332 is an easy going pre amp that pairs well with many sources… eg… your Dave … sounds real good w the 332 :muscle:t2:

And there’s one super good streamer/dac — linn Klimax— superb which also goes very well w the NC

1 Like

How did you get a veteran discount?

Probably the key post about MQA was from Steve Harris, Naim’s software director.

2 Likes

I have heard or read somewhere (if I’m not wrong) , tidal gonna phase out MQA … cos I can’t differentiate the SQ between MQA vs MAX… :sweat_smile:

My region has no Qubuz… that’s a shame … sigh … and only tidal gives the best resolution, so far …

Neither has mine (HK). That’s why I use a VPN. Works a treat when I buy music from Qobuz, and stream through my 222.

Yup … am also thinking of using VPN too … hopefully quobuz and stretch to cover all regions … at least from this, we can benefit from it … I felt all shortchanged for having good dac/streamers without having good platforms …

I inquired about it. I used ID.me which is connected with loads of vendors for discounts. ID.me verified my military status, I uploaded my DD214 and provided some info. After that I can use them with any vendor that provides a discount. Not sure if they work with Non-US military. I would assume your own countries have similar services.

1 Like
7 Likes

Nice!!! No review on 332,350s?

No. Only 333

I’m taken aback how could this little combo is…

14 Likes

So have you gone down to 222 preamp streamer now? With 250 and 300NPX?

1 Like

Yes. It’s moving to a different part of the room where only one stack will fit.

I also use Qobuz Sublime and have stopped buying music elsewhere. Superb download quality. I remain very pleased.

2 Likes

How do you feel it stacks up against the previous system out of interest?
Can’t be many 300 to 200 downgraders out there to ask :grin:

Quite well. I was expecting a much bigger drop off with the LP12. Not as good as the 332, of course. But very compelling, engaging and fun. It seems to have better overall synergy, as well. Which makes me think the 332/300 really needs the 350’s.

It’s a barely used one so not sure how many hours are on it but the sound has been changing since the weekend and was starting to gel last night.

2 Likes