The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Multi room?:thinking: Never, kills the fun…:smirk:

An ADC sitting in the tape loop can provide digital multiroom from analogue sources. Turntable > preamp > ADC > ND# digital in. I’ve yet to test that multiroom works from digital input directly because I tend to record analogue to digital to NAS and stream it like anything else. But that also uses the same connection chain as above.

Multiroom? I just open the lounge door. Compact and bijou here…

7 Likes

Thanks feeking_zen. I currently record my analogue sources to digital through a Yamaha CD recorder/HD recorder. I may need to be doing more of this ahead of possibly buying a NSC 222 and losing the record option.

I considered the tape loop - ADC - streamer route but I think this would need either low latency streaming to ensure all rooms are time aligned or tape monitoring facilities which the NAC 332 lacks (it has a line out on one DIN socket but not monitoring facility).

Ha ha good one Stuart :grinning::+1:

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Insane new pricing in Australia

Can we keep this thread to the New Classic range please. There’s already at least one much more suitable current running thread for this news. I shall move replies. Thanks.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Insane new pricing in Australia

Our SF speakers (nominal 4 ohm) also love raw power. We didn’t hear them at their full potential until we got 300DR.

There might be little in the 250.3/300DR comparison with some speakers. Perhaps the tonality of 250.3 will suit some speakers better than others.

Interesting that above a comment is that 300DR is slightly darker than NC. It’s exactly this characteristic of old classic boxes which made us choose nDAC over NDX2 as a DAC, with our current system.

Still slightly tempted by the new monoblocs but we’d need a speaker upgrade too.

1 Like

Apologies if I missed it in the very long thread, when will the new products start to be released and available to listen at dealers?

Sep/Oct I think

I’d be interested to hear from listeners who have made the jump from NDX 2/XPS DR/SN3/HiCap DR to NSC222/NPX300/NAP250. No regrets? Also what speakers you are currently using that give wonderful synergy that most of us crave for?

2 Likes

Wondering similar, though also fairly excited about what any potential New Classic Supernait might look like. The NSC222 is just a bit awkward i/o wise for me to think it’s clearly the best step up from my XS3 & great, but a little bit too complicated, streaming solution.

NDX2 and NC Supernait is what I’m currently planning, if/as/when.

2 Likes

I’m headed that way next week, a clean start with an interim Selekt DSM pre/streamer.
Speakers remain as Focal Kanta 1’s, still got my PMC OB1i’s and might fire them up for fun/comparison.

2 Likes

I’d not be surprised if they EOL the SN3 and NDX2 once the 300 Series starts shipping in Q4 ‘23. That could also align with an early 2024 announcement of additional New Classic products to fill in those gaps around the time of CES, which was what was done with the 200 Series launch.
Perhaps it becomes a 100 Series (NAIT 100) and they bring out an additional streamer that would sit somewhere between the ND5 XS2 and NDX2 (screenless/upgradable)
The SI, XS and 500 Series will stay untouched through at least 2024 I’d expect.

There is, of course, the possibility that there will be no NC Supernait. That may seem odd given its perceived popularity here, but Naim did say that simplifying their range was a key part of the process, and as they are releasing products from the bottom up, you might expect that a hypothetical SN4 would have appeared by now…… or not; we can only guess.

The new NAC 332 isn’t far off being a NC NAIT with some rework on the internals.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies @ChrisSU @Mr.M - it’s mostly just very idle speculation on my part at the moment, very much aware that Naim will do what they do. And very happy with my XS3 whilst I wait (and save up!) 8)

2 Likes

Apart from it not having a power amp section that will produce an actual sound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Ha ha :crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1::+1:

1 Like