The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Agreed. This new streamer may have me trading in my current 3 box source.

No I am not, that is why I said we shall see one we get to listen to it

Without listening to it first?

Exactly.

1 Like

Same in my listening test!:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on the West Coast as well, maybe I’ll get lucky :slight_smile: Are you planning to order the 300 series?

Happy to share my impressions of 332+333+300 in comparison to 222+300 when they come in and I go through the burn in. I’ve been missing out on the active and passionate discussions about how the NC compares to green boxes since I’m coming from Hegel590-Innuos Zenith combo, but now I’ll have a pretty decent NC to NC comparison as I will have everything else constant , esp NAP250. What an amp!

4 Likes

Are you going to Hawthorne’s 300 Series Launch on the 21st?

3 Likes

Hell yes I’ll be there.

2 Likes

With something like ATC you will really feel the difference with the 300 series gear

Luckily I have a local shop that’s having an event. I’ll def listen first and if it’s better than what I have then I’ll have a decision to make

3 Likes

I have a pair of Confidence 30’s I recently bought, I’m super happy with them. ATC is a good brand but to my ears, 30’s make an excellent synergy with Naim.

4 Likes

Ok will compare

I do wish they(Focal) were bringing speakers that I’m familiar with for the event.

Agreed. I’ve never heard any Focal speakers.

I’m going to the Launch down south as it’s much closer to me. I mainly want to see if the volume knob is as hideous in real life as it looks in pictures since my 332 should be arriving in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Cool, I didn’t know the road-show is going to Portland as well. (Assuming down South is Portland). I’ve heard the Kanta 1’s and 3’s and I think the Sopra 2’s and they are good, but nothing further up the lineup.

I was worried about the aesthetics when I was buying. I’ll just say the NC kit looks much better irl. The knob is more low key than it looks in the pics. And I quite like the lighting on the lowest setting, hardly noticeable. The center cut out is also less obvious, esp in a rack. Easy to live with.

2 Likes

Nine days earlier then expected we’ve received our New Classic 300 Series NSS 333, NAC 332 and NAP 350’s :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks Naim :+1:

17 Likes

Looks like a few other dealers also looking at Facebook. I believe The Audiobarn have an event this weekend.

would love to get your thoughts on how they sound

1 Like