The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Looks like the 300 series has started to land at dealers in UK…excited to have a listen

Yep. I’ve put my exceedingly vintage Meridian 200 transport as front end to my nDAC/XPS, and guess what….it sounds just like an nDAC should.

Nice :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Another new series😁

6 Likes

Has anyone heard a 52 with a NC250? I run a 52/Olive 250 and can’t help but wonder what upgrading my amp would do? I’ve followed this thread from the start don’t don’t recall any mention of mixing kit.

Might be that mixing Olive with new Classic or even Classic for that matter might not be ideal. Different sound signatures etc.

NAC 332 / CDX2.2 / 250DR / XPSDR

Here at home, on loan for a few days from the good guys at Audio T, Bristol.

Using a legacy cable, 332 replacing my SN2 / HiCapDR.

25 Likes

Unboxing pics of the exquisite looking and fabulous sounding New Classic NAC 332 :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Still ibls, Geoff?

1 Like

Hi @Ardbeg10y Yes with iBLs. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

And the big question how good is the 332 in your view.

@edo The NC250 sounds fantastic with my 252. I would assume it may be even better with the 52 as the new gear has the speed and fun of the Olive/Chrome gear. Definitely worth a home demo if you can arrange one.

How is it compared to SN?

@krautnaimie

Only had it running for a few hours, so I am not going to provide any definitive views yet, but really enjoying it so far.

7 Likes

Lovely and FWIW, made in Salisbury!

Apparently the new 350’s beat the old 250 :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is that a volume indicator light on the 332? If so, I find it odd that the NSC222 is missing that. The volume level on the display goes away a second after adjusting it.

Hi @Smoothfidelity

Yes, the dot indicates the volume position. Note, that photo was taken with no reduction to the brightness setting, which can be changed via the remote.

Not sure if I can get the dot to completely disappear, as I haven’t dived into many settings other than input mapping to connect my TV sound which was fairly straightforward.

I would hope so since the 250.3 does a lot of things better than the 300DR

I’ve got it on good advice that the new 300 series sounds better than the existing 500 series and with some minor cable dressing and the wind coming from the right direction it even sounds as good as the Statement. Well that’s what I heard. :grin:

However it does really depend on your star sign.

All jokes aside I’d love to hear the new 300 series as it’s probably my end game.

2 Likes

I thought you were at end game, and you just had a budget blow out on your demo before you have even started the new build :flushed:. Maybe you should stop reading the forum :roll_eyes:

1 Like