The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

I just discovered that Vitus makes a 122 k euros integrated. Must be something.

1 Like

Hate to think how much it weighs!

1 Like

Interesting to hear :slight_smile:
Is the Enyo not above the Ares? ( Mk1 or Mk2? )

Is it ok to ask which Avalons those are? "nd hand is just good isn´t it ? Then you drop the whole burn in process :slight_smile:

At least it doesn’t need to balance on a glass shelf on top of three metal balls :joy:

1 Like

Enyo is the same price as ares, enyo is valve ares solid state. Avalons are PM1

Thank you. Then I misunderstood the difference between both.

Congrats on the Avalons. Beautiful speaker. The PM 1 is a great size, but you may aim for the 2 or 3 model?

Did you ever heard an Avalon with Naim electronics?

Last post in here as getting OT🙂 but no never with Naim. I had ideas when I had the Vitus 101 and really like them. Long term, I think 1.2s would be fine for my room 4mx5m but will look at Rockport as well

1 Like

Good luck. Was looking at the Ideas as well, but got the Boenicke in the end.

1 Like

In the UK Nagra Classic Integrated is £18k, so a reasonable alternative on a cost basis - don’t know how the sound compares.

I think the thread has deviated enough off topic for now - of course, it may just be that the thread has run its course. If you wish to open a new thread to discuss things other than the New Classic Range, then please do.

14 Likes

Getting back on topic … the NPX 300 burndys don’t carry audio so does that mean the requirement to keep them from touching the ground etc is not so important as with the old ones?

Anyone know how long they are?!

Thanks.

1.25m long Bundy cables are supplied with the NPX300. Correcting an earlier version of my post with the incorrect length.

Wasn’t expecting them to be that long, thanks

Only you can answer that question by doing some listening legwork.

You could have corse rely on the views of your inexperienced Naim dealer.

That’s because the Cardas is a better cable . You should try Clear or Clear Beyond (among other great cables)

1 Like

Not touching floor, not touching floor!

Interesting without messuring my old 555 bunrdies I am sure they are not 2 meter long. At one time I had 3 racks one placed on each side of one of my speakers and the burndy to the supercap on one rack connected to I think my 205 on the other rack was almost too short.

The 555 Burndy cables are 1.25m in length.

1 Like

I m interested in direct experience of new 250 driving atc scm50. Is there someone? My opinion is that if 300dr can drive them the new 250 can do it better because of the higher current but I would really appreciate direct experience

You mean you don’t want any “I’ve never heard that combination but…” responses. :thinking: