The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

FR, I assume the images are not your own. Please remember to reference or give credit for the images you’ve posted. Thanks.

5 Likes

I’ve always wondered if I bought the right series (Gaia III) for my standmount 805 D3 (dedicated stands filled with something audiophilly, I forget exactly what) so just ordered Gaia II…it will be interesting to hear if the higher loading has a positive effect.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the great advices and infos… appreciated for the replies :pray:t2:

@Richard.Dane thanks for the reminders . This one is on me cos I asked for advices … my bad :sweat_smile:

I use special reversed spikes and titanium cones. Works great with my ATCs

2 Likes

I would be interested if you could report on your experiences with the Gaia II. I use Solidsteel SS 6 stands, which are 2/3 filled with sand. The SS6 are open frame stands with three legs. This reduces the maximum load of the Gaia III to 24kg per speaker/stand (32kg if 4 Gaias can be used). The Gaias are floating at the bottom so that the angle of the stands is not a problem. In terms of weight, however, I am pretty much at the limit with the Gaias III.

5 Likes

@Wilfried wow I like the clean effect of your room … and of cos the system

1 Like

Just got my isolated… will set up in awhile and listen to the difference (improvement ) :laughing:

3 Likes

Custom made metal stands under filled with lead shots. Genuine Leather handmade covers

Soundcare Superspikes I presume. I use those under my Ovators

Yes, sorry, sometimes my bad habbits return back. In France we say « chasser le naturel et il revient au galop ». ( what’s bred in the bone will come out in the flesh).

2 Likes

Yes it’s them. And Cold Ray ceramic cones

1 Like

I like your table for headphones. Just checked your pics

1 Like

Thank you. An old family piece I found the perfect use for.

1 Like

Please could we keep discussion here on the topic of the Naim New Classics. Thanks.

6 Likes

Am I right in thinking there isn’t a separate power supply for the 300 series components, but that they all have the necessary connectors for them? So might we anticipate those coming in the near future?

Erm…. I understood the NPX 300 to be the ‘universal’ external PSU for both 200 and 300 Series? Although neither series requires it by default but rather it offers an upgrade option if desired.

ATB, J

1 Like

Yes but not for the 350 monoblocks

Or the 250 :smiley:.

Yup :wink: