The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Might become the kit a lot of people aspire to…. Can’t find the information on the website yet…

Still no wireless headphone options… :laughing:

The info is up on the Naim website now.

4 Likes

Well done to you Steve, and all your team. These all look fantastic. I think it’s great that the streamer and pre are self powered. The whole range is so much simpler and more logical, and all the better for it. It’s all been well worth the wait.

22 Likes

Fabulous all round I think! Richard - all those months waiting on the 272 replacement while Linn etc appear to be stealing the show knowing this was all bubbling away - you must have been waiting for this moment…
what 500 series… I’m all in here:)

2 Likes

Any news on when they will be available? last I heard was a romour of September?

Will be really interesting to see how the pre compares with the 252

1 Like

NAP 350 monoblocks - perfect :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Only an interested observer but great £28.2k 4 boxer with upgrade potential.
Monoblock amplifier specs look impressive if you need/want that sort of power.
Good luck.

Nice to see a return to monoblocs. A bit of a step up price wise from the 300 which is interesting. The 333 and 332 prices are not too much higher than the ndx2/252.

2 Likes

Also see that the Nait 50 pricing is shown as $3599 / 2699 stg / 3000 euro

1 Like

You think they might have got one with a straight iec input for the press shots!

Uk pricing as expected except 350 a little above what we’d been told last year via dealer gossip in Englandshire.

Fully justifies our 300DR at a discount!

All in £40k to replace what we have with new kit.

Given we only use NDX2 as a transport no point upgrading that, so if we do move to NC over next few years we’ll likely go 332 then 350.

I bet this kit sounds fab, might need to have a trip to local dealer now just out of interest :laughing:

3 Likes

Pricing is lower than I was expecting, especially since the pre does not need a PS

5 Likes

All looks fabulous. The NAP350 monoblocks are the most interesting IMO.

5 Likes

One of the hazards of the decoupled IEC sockets…

1 Like

Yes, I agree for the streamer and pre. Quite a surprise.

I wonder if the bare 332 is meant to be the 282/hicap equivalent int he range and adding the 300PS takes it to the 252 level in the range.

Note for all the fans I am NOT saying the 282 will sound as good as the 332, it is a new range after all. The 222 sounds much better than the 272 to my ears after all. Just talking about position in the new range

4 Likes

Congratulations to all involved at Naim. The new kit looks great! Am eagerly awaiting an opportunity to audition the new pre and mono blocks power amp combo!

1 Like

New Products Design / Specs look fantastic @110dB as expected!

Excited to demo the new NAC 332, and as a replacement for the Supernait 2 in my system it should be exactly what I am looking for to go with my current 250DR.

1 Like

Possibly but it also opens up the ability to move to the Naim pre and keep a non naim power amp without worrying how to power the pre. Most flexible!