The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Yep I don’t think too much of a difference - cd can sound better than streaming and vice versa

I have the album “Hats” by that Scottish band Blue Nile

On original vinyl, remaster vinyl , original cd, remastered cd and of course qobuz

Best SQ is the remastered CD

Horses for courses as they say

1 Like

I haven’t read the whole thread and search results are irrelevant, but does the NAC332 not have any way of adjusting channel balance?

It’s obvious there is no dial for it, but can it be done using the ZigBee remote? If not that would be a deal breaker for me. I have enough enough older classical recordings that need adjustment, depending on how loud I play. I use the balance control on my 252 all the time.

2 Likes

Excellent question - same here

1 Like

It would be nice as I”m looking at decent quality integrateds right now (testing the Aavik 280 for two weeks now). But Naim has always seen integrateds as a more economic alternative rather than a shelf-saving one.

I obviously don’t know for sure but 110db said balance control for the 222 is in the app, I strongly assume the same for the NAC 332

2 Likes

Good question, I expect that the balance control will be in the app - just like in the Uniti’s …

1 Like

I think Naim already said balance and volume were unified. Now that they use a resistor ladder, balance set via the remote or app just weights one side of the ladder. a separate balance is removed from the signal path. Brilliant solution!

3 Likes

In previous careers I was a so-called bean counter in quite a few businesses, and I had bugger-all say in what they produced or how they sold it. Quite right too.

2 Likes

Ugh, I would really hate to have to grab my iPhone and open the app, especially if it’s just to adjust balance.

I was just curious, I’m not planning to make a change anyway. 252 is fine.

1 Like

Why, it will just give better insight.

1 Like

Fair enough, but I was thinking $7,000 (give or take) is a bit rich for a humble SN2 owner like me.

1 Like

There is a sub menu option for each input to adjust the balance using the same dial - Don’t worry!

I don’t understand (not enough context I guess).

Using the Volume knob (there is a set up mode)where the balance can be manually pre-set for each of the selectable stereo inputs

I don’t need to preset the balance for any inputs. I need to be able to adjust balance on the fly, while listening to music.

I believe “on the fly” balance adjust is on the remote control

1 Like

Hopefully the Guys at Naim will confirm this

I’m so thankful I don’t need to fuss over balance control anymore. Always hated that about the old kit.

1 Like

Nothing humble about the SN. Whilst I’m not a source first addict at the Bristol show here in UK a few years back Neat were demonstrating their SX2s with a good spec LP12 with a Superline/Supercap into SN, best sound in the show.

4 Likes

Well, I have a lot of old vinyl, and classical especially sometimes needs balance adjustment to center the soundstage. It was one of the reasons I originally upgraded from a 202 to a 282.

1 Like