The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Yes.

Thanks Richard,

So I think I will try two things first, when the new 300 serie is for demo.

I will at a XPS dr to the NDX2, and I will try the new preamp with its PSU without the NDX. Will be interesting

The lyrics are from the song ā€œThe Number of the Beastā€ by Iron Maiden :innocent:

I think youā€™ll find that the ā€˜lyricsā€™ are from the Bible in the Book of Revelations :wink:

3 Likes

Itā€™s Emperor Nero (the 616 and 666)

Emperor Nero defo linked to 666 (by some ) but the line about ā€˜it is a human numberā€™ or ā€˜the number of a manā€™ in some translations is from Revelations

1 Like

Indeed it is. Not disputing it. Attended a talk by a reverend theologian who has written a commentary on revelation

2 Likes

I know that, although it was the Iron Maiden lyrics I was referring to in my original post, not the Book of Revelationsā€¦:smirk:

Hi @Mario ,

When an NPX 300 is powering either a NSC 222, NAC 332 or NSS 333 their mains connection is not needed and the internal transformer is off.

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

Hi @BackToNaim

Any NAP 250 can be connected to a SuperNait if that helps. The NAP 250 will need the right leads.

2 Likes

Hi @anon17458420 ,

Any naim pre-amp can connect to any Naim power amp with the appropriate leads.

e.g. New pre-amp to old power amp or Old pre-amp to new power amp.

1 Like

Hi @krautnaimie ,

Yes, it is possible to connect a StageLine to the NAC 332 via a Naim PSU such as a HiCap.
It canā€™t be directly connected and powered from the 332

2 Likes

Hi @drago

It is possible with the appropriate leads.

2 Likes

Hi @Yorkshireman

The easter eggs are small hidden things :slight_smile:

ā€¦these are for the Nait 50 only and 3 of them.

• Naim started 1973 and 1,973x being made
  • 25W + 25W = 50 years
  • Power consumption playing loud = 73VA (officially confirmed by automatised independent test house)
11 Likes

Asking again; What distinguishes the new 332 from the previous preamp generation technically, apart from the built-in transformer?

Regards

Hi Bjorn,

I believe Steve - @110dB is answering questions in this thread in order, after having a few days off and heā€™s using his own out of office time - so some patience is required!

Regards
Geoff

10 Likes

And itā€™s very cool that he is taking his time to answer our questions. (Shout out to Richard and Stevesky as well)

8 Likes

You can start with the totally redesigned resistor ladder volume and balance control (not more pots!) and fly by wire switching. That is a massive design change right there. Although not documented, I expect it has the much lower input sensitivity (i.e. higher value) similar to Statement to give more volume range with higher voltage sources.

Iā€™m hard pressed to think of any other manufacturer that provides such amazing product launch insight as Naim do - though I expect a lot of that rests on the willingness and enthusiasm of their engineers participating with the forum.

5 Likes

Hi @110dB
Thanks for the answer. Iā€™m sorry if this is putting you on the spot a bit and Iā€™m sure you must be very busy.

A few years ago I found the importance of the preamp together with the power amp. For example I tried a Linn akurate DS with specially made phono to XLR and bypassed the preamp with a direct feed to my 300. This did not work for me really. Adding back the 252 was much better. This is a bit more extreme, but just thought that maybe a similar effect is achieved with mixing the different Naim equipments.

I know it is very difficult to put into words and appreciate your time but if you could give us an idea on how much a 332 betters the 252+Supercap with the NPX300 and possibly not without, that would be great. The best way is to demo which I will try to do in the autumn

Thanks

Thank you, one more concern @110dB, Is there a performance degrade as the connection would be from single ended to balanced circuit via an adapter cable (Din to 2 XLRs) from SN3 biamp to nc nap 250-3