The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Okay, good to know :+1:

1 Like

Nice way of doing it, can’t wait to hear the 332, I really like the look of the pre also.

thanks for your response.

1 Like

Steve could you let us know your opinions about 332 performances with and without external psu compared to the classic line?

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane
Maybe this is already answered but I do not think so.

If i the new 222 or 332 is connected to the previous NAP300DR with correct cabeling, could it damage the speakers or amp if the pre-section goes into auto standby, or is turned on from standby while the 300 obviously is fully powered?

In other words, would I have to have «always on» in such a configuration?

And regarding 332:

Do you know if you can set max volume as on 222?

Do you know if the volume control in the app can be set as a slider/bar or only +/- button?

Questions best answered by Steve ( @110dB ) I think.

1 Like

This might help, sounds like either new classic pre mutes first. There are also posts about the new pre-amps being compatible with any main power amp with appropriate cables.

1 Like

Don’t think we need to be too concerned about price the 300s mightn’t even get here. There’s still no mention of them on the local distributor site.

The 200s were included the day after the launch.

1 Like

That’s right @Pete_the_painter, in NZ they were listed on pre-order straight after the announcement. Radio silence for Part 2

and no listings for orders of the NAIT 50 even though other on the Forum have them ordered and paid for. Sad.

@Pete_the_painter

Mmmm

1 Like

Mmm what? :grin:

Just mmmm

All very odd

As you say - may not reach these shores

It is strange maybe they’re waiting for stock to catch up, they seem to have a stack of old classic stuff that’s probably not moving as quick as they thought.

1 Like

Yeah maybe

I think Harry mentioned some time ago that he didn’t think any more NDX2’s available

Still on their website though , so who knows

I just wonder how the NC 200 range is selling anyway, I suspect not well

1 Like

Lots of NC series units being ordered and sold by my dealer. I’ve been told that since launch, it’s been very popular. No wonder, sounds great to my ears. A real step up in design and sound quality.

What country you in Bluenose ?

I was referring to Australia/NZ

Cheers

Maybe that would be a good thing; we could ask to order direct from UK because they are not available in Australia
 :partying_face:

Well not yet anyway

1 Like

Only thing is, local distributors aren’t keen to help out support and servicing for gear they know circumvented their dealers. If the dealers don’t carry them, I’m sure they would order a unit for you at full dealer markup.

It’s one thing to buy from the UK where there is zero Naim in the country. It’s another to go around the dealers and distributors and then ask for support, which invariable, a few will always need.

Agree - I have have always gone through the official channels and intend to keep doing that

Where is the fun in doing that :rofl: