The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

A narrow Fraim leg - wow.
This will totally come in handy for all 52 user as me!
Is it confirmed, that there will be a narrow 3 leg?

Why is this poor?
Launch was scheduled in autumn afaik. If the dealers have them available at official launch date - all is fine imho

1 Like

Hi @drago
That is what Jason said and we were looking at the back of a NC222 on a full Fraim at the time!

1 Like

Weā€™re due to receive our new 300 Series on 15/09.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve certainly had a few invites come my way through September. Once the initial launch cycles have done the rounds would be good to see how it stacks up along side existing equivalents.
Iā€™m still tempted to go the pre and dedicated source route, likely via an NSC 222.

:blush: my very suggestion right at the death knell of the part 1 thread :crazy_face:

1 Like

I could use that narrow Naim leg for my Superline. I can only position it all the way to the left of the shelf.

Yes, I think a narrow rear Fraim leg may well be a popular item beyond NC users. Iā€™d certainly be interested in one.

2 Likes

Reminded me of the image below, the rear leg could be more like a cylinder as show here.

5 Likes

Fascinating. Whereā€™s the original link for this ?

Good question! I think if you search for Naim Fraim itā€™ll pop up as one of the image search results?
As shown in that example you could just machine some stainless cylinder rods to connect the cup,rod and spike sections of the legs.
Iā€™d expect it would make the shelves far more widely compatible, you can leave the front legs as they are (they went the whole way), I canā€™t see it effecting the decoupling design either.

1 Like

This is not a new issue!

1 Like

It looks much better with these slim legs than the bloated normal legs.

It looks a bit like my old Understand rack, but with glass rather than marble shelves.

It may look better (in the eye of the beholder) but I wonder how the engagement on the underside of the shelf is managed. The current wider profile columns ensure a wide area of grip and load spread on the MDF shelf.

1 Like

For me the design of the stands is essential. I want so something that to my eye looks good. Iā€™m not too fond of the look of the Fraim legs which has put me off buying, even though I know they are probably the best stands for Naim equipment. How speakers look is also important to me. As is amp case design and I think the New Classic design is an example of excellent contemporary design and to my eye the best yet by Naim, so sonically and visually for me, Naim has surpassed themselves at my price point.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s always going to be a form v function fight with heavy hi-fi kit :grin:

Iā€™ll take Fraim (standard form) over Hutterā€™s oil rig approach any day.

1 Like

It certainly wonā€™t ring like the aluminium box sections do, being a smaller tube. But it might affect the sound?
As been said it will also greatly increase the load on a much smaller area, and as you add more shelves, and weight, the lower shelves could certainly fail.
As doing something like this myself on the rear leg only, does give me the information on how much area each tube is sitting on, and it will only be a few mm round each hole, certainly not much, and certainly not how it was designed to take a load.

It appears from further up the thread based on an interaction with Jason Gould at a dealer event that Naim intend to make one available, supplied by them to their design, tapered in a T shape perhaps?
Weā€™ll know once they materialise I guess!

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious if the nova series is the nait/supernait of the new classic or are we going to get a new device that will become the nait/supernait new classic?