The Naim New Classic Range - Part 2

Can you connect a subwoofer to the nsc222?

There are no official prices in the Nordics either (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland) as far as I know, Pete. Maybe wait until closer to the start of sales.

RCA outputs specifically on 222 although there are other options to connect a sub but I donā€™t so not an expert but to answer question yes.

1 Like

Yes there are.

2 Likes

Okej?:thinking: What will it be then?

109 000 SEK for 332/333 and 165 000 SEK for 350. Listed at the major naim dealers in Sweden since launch :+1:

4 Likes

Slamdam, intrigued by comparing 500 non-DR to 350 (also based in Sweden). What do you thinkā€¦, ?

Sorry but the 350 cannot fly so Iā€™m staying.

12 Likes

Yes, you can use the RCA pre out for a low level connection, or connect to the speaker terminals for high level. Either will work fine, although in the past Naim always recommended using the high kevel connection method where possible, as do some sub manufacturers such as Rel.

1 Like

Okay, I didnā€™t know that. A bit expensive in relation to the price in euros then, especially considering that you can get a decent discount in Europeā€¦

I purchased the NC250 on a whim when it first came out. Itā€™s an absolutely brilliant amp. Wouldnā€™t trade it for a 300DR.

This is with a Klimax Level LP12, 252DR and Spendor D7.2ā€™s

1 Like

What did you like better about the NC 250 comparing it to the 300DR?

It has a lower noise floor so you can hear deeper in the music. Itā€™s also more detailed and controlled in the lower octaves. It has more speed and PRaT IMO as well. The tonality is sweeter and more colorful as well which I really like.

The 300DR has a darker presentation, is a bit better at lower volumes and may have a bit more weight and bigger soundstage but my Spendors are super easy to drive so the plusses of the NC250 outweigh the plusses of the 300DR for me.

Itā€™s a wonderful match with the 252DR.

4 Likes

I think Iā€™ll stand pat with my 300DR. My speakers are difficult to drive well, and I really like the low/moderate volume characteristsics of the 300DR. I wouldnā€™t want to dimish that aspect of it.

4 Likes

That makes sense. I had the 250DR before.

You should get the 350ā€™s :slight_smile:

I was just curious. Iā€™m not getting anything for my system.

1 Like

So you didnā€™t really compare it to the 300DR then? Maybe just at a dealer, but you didnā€™t live with the two (i.e. 300DR and NC250) at home for a real comparison?

2 Likes

Didnā€™t live with both the NC250 and 300DR so it is not a perfect comparison but I have spent hours listening to the 300DR while auditioning speakers and in comparison with the 250DR since I was considering a used 300DR they had so I am very confident I know how all 3 sound compared to each other.

OK. I canā€™t make a valid comparison like that. I have to live with something in my system at home to really tell. There are too many variables otherwise that can cloud what it will really be like at home. Dealer demo only serves to give a cursory baseline, but how things sound can turn out a lot different once home.

6 Likes

Definitely a valid point. Iā€™m confident doing this with electronics as I know how there room sounds compared to mine using the same equipment (been shopping there since 1992) Would never do it with speakers as there are too many variables.