The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

They should really just go all the way and install a Phillips HUE light :laughing:

6 Likes

Odd question, and maybe one for @110dB Can you use the power supply from the Solstice to power either/both the analog or digital sections of the 222? Obviously instead of powering the TT, not as well :slight_smile:

You’d think they’d just put all this information as a FAQ on the Naim website, seems the only way to know what the hell is happening is to spot vague mention to things on this forum :face_with_spiral_eyes:
I know I can link my Hue lights to Spotify, had chaos in the kitchen once when the kids worked out how to enable it!

I think the White logo light on the Old Classic fascia might look a bit weird, you’d also have no means to sync the brightness of it one would imagine, unlike with the new boxes where you can adjust and control brightness levels of the logo.
The volume, balance and input buttons would still be green anyway, bit of an optical dogs dinner in the making that one.

2 Likes

US market is the same issue… The price does not make sense, it is way out of the ballpark and makes no sense with the exchange rates. I would really like to upgrade my 272, but it just makes no sense when they price this to be so over the top when you get outside of the UK.

6 Likes

How does the box cost of the 200 Series compare UK to US out of interest, the Australian retail prices nearly had me falling off my seat when I read those.
I’ll admit even looking at the UK prices It’s expensive to my needs and budget, even what I have today I’d probably struggle to justify spending the money on if bought new today.
It’s a shame you can’t justify the spend, you are an ideal customer given where your system is today and what could replace it, however when you’re talking about the sort of money we are here and balancing that against other priorities, it’s a lot to spend on something that basically does one thing, albeit rather well.

2 Likes

Hi @Ryder35 ,

Sorry, that is not possible. The Solstice NPX TT PSU has a ‘type 2’ connector, NSC 222’s analogue Burndy is a ‘type 3’ connector.

Type 2 was a special version of type 3 exclusively for the Solstice special edition. It is very similar but has less PSUs available on the connector.

Best
Steve

1 Like

Ah OK, I did notice that the PS said type 1 and 2 but the Table socket said type 3

Thanks for clarifying.

That translates to $9277 USD if my conversion is correct which is cheaper than the USD list price here in the states.

It is not insane……it is simple in modern life: the profits for the shareholders seems to be more important than a happy customer……it makes me sad…….

7 Likes

Upgrade your 272 with a second hand XS power supply. I upgraded mine with a XP5XS power supply, makes a nice difference for a reasonable price (but what is reasonable nowedays…)

1 Like

Aren’t Bentley’s just vastly overpriced VWs these days? :wink:

5 Likes

Steady on…

2 Likes

Yep, totally agree with that.
…AND they’re “BUTT UGLY” too!

4 Likes

OK, stop trying to wind me up. Let’s stick to the topic here… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What were you running at the front end before Marq? I’m also running a NAP300 with Kudos 606s.

Hey, don’t tell us you have a Bentley…

You better believe it…

28 Likes

I’d have a word with those valeters…….:smirk:

ATB, J

2 Likes

I blame a few too many chases with Mr. Bond in his DB5 with the machine guns and tyre slashers…

11 Likes

I assumed you’d bought it from Mr. B, one careful owner, after M started supplying him with Aston’s at the taxpayers’ expense…. Circa 1964?

ATB J