The new Adele album…

What I found disturbing when watching Audience with Adele’s obviously scripted section where Adele is crying because she hasn’t seen her teacher since she was 12. Then she pretends to get her make up redone on stage; because of the tears. (you can tell they were acting in the background) whilst giving Alan Carr the mic instead for a couple of minutes. It makes me wonder when she restarted her song after a minute into it was also scripted for dramatic effect. I suffer from Adele fatigue after 30 seconds regarding her singing, so I am not the best person to comment on her new music.

If anyone wants to understand the real impact of Adele, then look/listen to Adele live at the Albert Hall. Her personality comes through in bucketloads and her voice has real power. She sang songs from 19 & 21 but you need the chat between songs too.

3 Likes

Not doubting the power in her voice, however I just find her singing very fatiguing for me she is the Mariah Carey of the UK in terms of singing style. Just not for me but for many she is the voice of the current generation. I love Laura Nyro but understand that for some people her singing can be fatiguing which my wife constantly moans about when I play her.

1 Like

I’m guessing that if Adele read this thread she would remember the quote from Liberace - “I cried all the way to the bank”

1 Like

There’s that one track that Adele does a Melody Gardot at the start. Then goes into belting mode,
Very impressive.

Try going over to the ‘What Are Listening Too’, ‘What is The Lastest CD, Vinyl, Download…’ and there are literally tens of thousands of records that people like try also the Chet Baker, Paul Weller, Amy Winehouse, Jazz and Reggae threads again literally thousands of records people like as opposed to the Abba and Adele threads you’re focussing on.

one word on her new album “meh”

1 Like

19, 21, 25 & 30 all sound the same to me if you played all four records on shuffle I wouldn’t have a clue which one each track came from.

2 Likes

I get what you are saying and I’m not that much of a Mariah Carey fan but vocally Adele isn’t even in the same continent as Mariah Carey.

does MQA make it better?

2 Likes

or trying to polish something? not heard it.

I haven’t listened to the new album (nor the old ones, other than seeing her on Jools Holland), but I really like that Adele asked Spotify to bin that infernal shuffle default.

I noticed it had disappeared a few days ago and had wondered who I needed to thank.

3 Likes

Shuffle was default for all albums?

Nothing from @TheKevster ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently so. Not that I have ever noticed having only used it sporadically to listen to single tracks once in a blue moon.

1 Like

Yup, occasional user here but its always infuriated me.

2 Likes

I liked that song when she was dancing with the sheep.

@biddler66 – Who’s Adele?

5 Likes

Here she is. She came as a rescue pup called Adele so we shortened her name to Dela :grinning:

14 Likes

It was.

You could select the first song on an album list and it would play them in order, but that was not as obvious as selecting the big play button.

1 Like