The new Adele album…

Her music is alright, doesn’t blow me away, everything Is relative, when her music is compared to other current pop artists, it’s up there, but let’s not go any further just now.
Lots of people admire singer who can hit the high note like Adele, but then the ones who can hit high note with quality, for me you should look at Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey, voice with uniqueness(not about high note) try Ella Fitzerald, Billie Holiday or Casandra Wilson. Adele reminds me of someone who grew up listening to these people and try very hard to be one of them. I rather she breaks away from the typical diva sound then put more focus developing the music, then again in the pop world, the singer has little say about it.

1 Like

The Hi-Res version of Sea Change is also one the the most enjoyable albums we own. It’s sonically stunning.

1 Like

Hi perhaps it’s no wonder Private Eye calls her Adull ?

1 Like

Its Tunnel of Love for me…

She has a talent and I know a lot of people like her. For me the first two albums were good, didn’t like the third one and not heard the latest.

We gave it a shot but could not make it all the way through 30.

1 Like

Speaking of her voice during an Audience With…I think she was really straining and at times was way off the mark the one thing about her voice which was her tone which now seems diminished somewhat and what’s with the Carry On film character between songs.

I agree with violinhead she isn’t up there with Mariah or Whitney or in my view a young Beyonce or Jennifer Hudson these vocalists are effortless where as Adele who is a good singer is forcing her voice to it’s boundaries.

“Removing the shuffle function ain’t going to help” - I believe that says all that needs to be said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.