The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

X Los Angeles:+1:t3:

1 Like

Sounds like a really good way to spend a Friday afternoon to me :+1:

There are also Tontrager, often mentioned by some Harbeth owners.
As well as a UK type, Broadcast Stands found on ebay.

2 Likes

Update got mine finished today.
Black unfluted Klimax :wink: :rofl:

6 Likes

Does anyone recall the ‘not two Nait, Josephine’ ad which parodied Napoleon?

3 Likes

I thought so - found a link:

1 Like

IMG_7385

6 Likes

I like the ProJect By the way. I understand that you can seriously upgrade it.

1 Like

And used here for one of the displays at the W.O. Bentley 130th birthday event at Crewe;

6 Likes

I always used to think that this photo would have made a great cover for a Syd Barrett album (or someone equally way out).

One of Naim’s best, poking fun at the company’s own name.

1 Like

One of my favourite, from '86 calendar, with Alexis Montenegro who in early '80s was a sort of Linn Naim Ambassador (One of his realative was a actual one) also writing, along with Antonio Trebbi of Audiotech for Italian mags

…And this

4 Likes

That has to be an original Nait, as it has a ‘Tuner’ selector button (which has been replaced by ‘Stream’ on the recent ‘tribute’ version).

Personally, I wish that Naim had kept to the same format, as streaming is of no great interest to me.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I do have two-Naits - a 3 and 5i. I skipped on buying the original (possibly an early Nait 2) in 1988 in favour of a Cambridge P55. Bad mistake!

1 Like

You can indeed. Mine has had:
Acrylic platter
Aluminium sub platter
Linear power supply
And I’ve upgraded the stock OM Red to the OM Blue.
Whilst not in LP12 territory, perhaps, it’s a capable and great sounding turntable.

1 Like

I dont think the Heos app is that slick.

And you get to keep the yellow plinth… maybe the arm gets changed later

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Radio 3 HD is very , very good and easy to set up ,

I don’t and won’t use most steaming services but Internet Radio is very simple .

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Now we know why they’re only making a few of them…

Yes, it was one of my own NAITs. This one had just been serviced at the factory before I took it up to Crewe for the event at CW1 House.

Graham you are in a very small minority there. I know you are apprehensive (?) about streaming but if you get some help to get you started you will hopefully find that it is not that difficult.

You could always trade your Nait 50 for the original Nait if you want the Tuner option :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes