The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

As good as the NAIT 50 however it isn’t a miracle worker. New Classic NAP 250 can show the NAIT 50 and the NAP 300 DR a thing or two.

I truly appreciate you asking however I am sorry to inform you that I made a decision a while ago that I wasn’t going to comment on the sonic presentations of the NAIT 50 in relation to the NAIT 5si, NAIT XS 3 and the SuperNait 3. Best to have a listen and decide on how the integrated amplifiers fair against each other.

1 Like

Had a NAIT 50 delivered yesterday and another one today.

Fair enough.

Good for you

1 Like

Hi Ian, thanks for the detailed answer. It is very helpful. It shows that the Nait50 with a suitable streamer can be an alternative to the Nova that is worth trying. Your situation and usage is different from mine (I listen to 90% Qobuz/Webradio, 10% CD from Audiolab 6000CDT and I have no vinyl). I currently use the Uniti Atom, but plan to upgrade. At my dealer I heard Atom, Nova and the new 200 series (full set) compared. The Nova was better than the Atom, but not in a drastic way. The difference between the Nova and the NSC222/Nap250-3/NSC300, on the other hand, I experienced as huge (night and day) (Click here). At the moment I am setting up a personal listening room (Click here). Once the room acoustics are optimised, I will try different combinations there. A 200 full set would be a dream, but a big investment financially. Nait 50 with ND5XS2 or NDX2 (second hand) would probably be an alternative. Here in Switzerland, however, not many dealers offer the Nait50 so far for testing.

2 Likes

Charming :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ll ask in the other thread - interested how you perceive things now

@Murmur as far I know there are no nait50s in Australia. So I think I’ve missed the boat. I still have a great main naim system and a cb nait2 second system so I’m in no hurry. Hopefully naim will be able to make more once the 1973 have sold.

1 Like

I think the NC250 might be better…

with the designa cable I thought they were about even each having its own strengths. I would have to borrow a 30ODR again to be sure…

I like the yellow plinth in a strange way. It would need to be in the right setting though. I also agree that the arm has the look of my old Syrinx LE2 albeit silver rather than black. The Majik LP12 is a fine looking machine in my view although for me you can easily better it for the same money with preloved components.

2 Likes

The new Majik arm looks better with a Koil than Adikt but still a bit fussy/messy for my liking and I preferred the previous Lenco, but it’s still an LP12 and a lovely thing to buy new. Agree - better performance from pre-loved. Sometimes people just want to buy new regardless.

Yeah - similar to my 2nd system … it is a brillant little box!

2 Likes

The beastie has landed and a nice wee system created around it

20 Likes

Surely that should be an lp12 and kans to keep the local theme going?

:wink:

3 Likes

Those Keilidh should be a good tester for that amp. Take a bit of driving. I used a unitiqute with a set for a while and they still sounded OK

:+1:

Ah didn’t realise they were Keilidhs, they look too chunky. It will be a good test. I’ve only ever heard them on a Nait2 and found them pretty subdued, almost muffled.

1 Like

Keilidhs can be great fun and that’s what I’m hoping for .

2 Likes

The Keilidh’s are a fairly difficult speaker to drive, it will be an interesting test.