The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

@GeoffC was this your lettering design originally?

1 Like

Thank you and ideal with my UnitiQute 2 as well .

I wouldn’t like to try with the new Nait 50 or my UniQute with my Harbeth P3ESR

best wishes

Ian

I really like the standby power aspect - the only thing I don’t like about my always on 32.5/HC/160 CB setup is the total 45 watts always on - its annual power usage is equal to the annual output of 1.5 of my solar panels…not climate friendly…

1 Like

I did ask my trusted dealer if the price was ÂŁ1973 , he laughed

3 Likes

Short (late night) answer is No - for the chrome + olive range facias, but it is also Yes - I did hand draw a ‘master’ version of the naim audio lettering + circles logo for various uses. The type is based on the Avant Garde font, with a few subtle differences. The original drawings are all here, as are scalable digital recreations.

A detailed answer will appear in the morning…

7 Likes

This might save some typing: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have just messaged my dealer and will be putting a deposit down. No real need for it, but feel I can’t live without it. Haha.

The question is where it fits in the integrated pecking order. The one interview at Munich I watched suggested the phono stage was on par with the Supernait. So will it be comparable overall to a Nait 5si? An XS3? An Atom? or maybe the UnitiQute?

(The answer I want to hear is that it can replace my XS2 along with the Stageline)

3 Likes

loved that LP/CD. Had a Nait 2/Kan II.

Maybe I misunderstood about the font/size/spacing and used the wrong wording in my post. If the intent is that it shall look the way it looks in the photos, great. I was just noting that it seems from the photo, looks ever so slightly different to an older Nait.

Very nice. But three grand ? You’re hsving a laugh. It is so so anti classic Naim.

Lets see…

• Uniti Atom Headphone Edition = 3K euro
  • This new limited Nait = 3K euro

What is it for you:

a] decision based on functionality;
b] decision based on sentiment;
c] other reason.

btw. Mrs Traveler do like the design and especially the logo a lot… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why not combine both - use the Atom HE as streamer/DAC with fixed output into the Nait 50 - both nicely matched shoebox designs….

6 Likes

Not really. The original Nait still looks perfect with a wide range of kit today. I’m sure the Nait 50 will fit just fine in many setups too :sunglasses:

26 Likes

From the official blurb posted the other day

NAIT 50 offers exceptional amplification performance in its price category.

Which suggests that Naim are confident in its fighting weight.

1 Like

You are correct, I noticed it straight away. I believe it is a preproduction unit.

1 Like

Kans or LS3/5A would be an appropriate match.

3 Likes

DCS Lina would match well. Same size I think. But a bit pricey for the Nait .

5 Likes

Hurry up if you live in North America and want one. My dealer says North America will only get 70 units.

Well documented in the streaming section by others as well.

Don’t forget that the XS3 is in that price range as well.