The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Lets see…

• Uniti Atom Headphone Edition = 3K euro
  • This new limited Nait = 3K euro

What is it for you:

a] decision based on functionality;
b] decision based on sentiment;
c] other reason.

btw. Mrs Traveler do like the design and especially the logo a lot… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why not combine both - use the Atom HE as streamer/DAC with fixed output into the Nait 50 - both nicely matched shoebox designs….

6 Likes

Not really. The original Nait still looks perfect with a wide range of kit today. I’m sure the Nait 50 will fit just fine in many setups too :sunglasses:

26 Likes

From the official blurb posted the other day

NAIT 50 offers exceptional amplification performance in its price category.

Which suggests that Naim are confident in its fighting weight.

1 Like

You are correct, I noticed it straight away. I believe it is a preproduction unit.

1 Like

Kans or LS3/5A would be an appropriate match.

3 Likes

DCS Lina would match well. Same size I think. But a bit pricey for the Nait .

5 Likes

Hurry up if you live in North America and want one. My dealer says North America will only get 70 units.

Well documented in the streaming section by others as well.

Don’t forget that the XS3 is in that price range as well.

Nah. The Nait 50 is crying out for a matching streamer or DAC that has a natty green numerical display like an old NAT02. Bare minimum on display except track time (if a streamer) or bitrate if a DAC.

I feel like the HiCap was retired too soon. The logical upgrade for a new range of shoeboxes (that sadly aren’t in the pipeline).

7 Likes

I’m going to wait 5 years for the 50th version of a Nait 2 cb with logo back light (in white obviously). Love the CB look - design classic. I’m not sure I could ever part with my cb 62/hicap/250 despite not been used for years.

I just think there have been too few shoeboxes , especially a CD transport or indeed CD player

Naim have a lot of customers who have been on the Naim ladder for decades , and that is reflected in the new 200/300 series and priced accordingly

The base /entry models Si look in urgent need of a facelift , with a CD player with digital out and a Nait with digital inputs and a phono stage . Oh and somehow to reflect Muso styling , so that it is a clear step up , Muso to separates . Or maybe they feel the Uniti Range ticks this brick

I would love this Nait 50 , but worry (for Naim) it is again aimed at users with affection for the brand.

Sadly the whole new brutalism style of New Classic/Uniti is a place I don’t think I can go. I won’t paint myself in a corner and say “never”. But the new aesthetic might be a deal breaker for me. We shall have to wait and see.

2 Likes

I’ve got Classic, Uniti and Olive in my rack

If I sell up (real possibility ) I will try and downsize .

6 Likes

@Stu299
Priorities now what about the “dirt cheap” 500 DR?
I hear the markets have crashed :joy:

2 Likes

Is that track even allowed these days?

It’s banned in China. I think the RS self censor and just don’t perform it elsewhere anyway.

Still, I play it a lot.

2 Likes

Whether that looks good is a matter of opinion.

But don’t forget. To replicate that image in reality, you’d need eyes/brain that only sees in monochrome, plus you’d need to be one foot away. :grin:

Just imagine how they would look, in a rack, in colour from 12 feet away. :scream_cat:

As they are James’s own things, he doesn’t need to imagine.

3 Likes