The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Been living with the P2 for 2-3 weeks now. Nice balance with N50 and Keilidhs and surprisingly enjoyable for such as cheap deck. However, it don’t do rhythm like an LP12. Would that be fixed in the P6 with external PSU or do all Regas lag behind an LP12 in this regard?

The '89-spec deck is actually sounding good in the main system so once the Lingo 2 is back from service I will try the '02-spec deck with the N50/Keilidhs as that might work OK. For reference, the '89 deck is what’s normally used in the office but doesn’t work for me with N50/Keilidhs.

1 Like

I have had the Nait 50 for a week now. Some personal observations

1. sounds best when played loud, low sound volume isn’t quite good IMV

2. compared to my Nait 1 and Nait 2, personally I find the latest Nait has a more modern sound but lost some musical coherence in the process.

3. Adding a powerline makes a very noticeable difference

4. I see a some people compare it to a SN3, to my ears it isn’t as good. Any if anything the gap is quite big between the two.

Overall I’m still very happy with the Nait. And of course it looks fantastic.

18 Likes

Interesting. Not my findings at all.

What speakers are you pairing it with? Kudos 606s?

5 Likes

Yes the 606s. That could be the reason.

3 Likes

I play moderate volume all day and not noticed this but certainly not playing super quiet at night or anything.

I felt the same ref Nait 1 / 2 but I still really like the 50.

1 Like

I just noticed post #26 from @ChrisBell in the below thread. Good one. Close enough I say!

:smile:

1 Like

I don’t have any complaints about the sound quality itself at low volumes. The speaker imbalance is there though (as I wrote earlier) and that is a bit annoying.

(Low level to me is 7:20-7:30 anything over 8:00 is already quite loud and I have not dared to try over 9:00)

My transistor is strictly for emergencies , but I am getting a very fine sound from my simple system and with a dodgy knee and a cataract, I am very happy not to have three platefuls of spaghetti :spaghetti: to deal with at the back

The other alternative ( which ) I would seriously consider would be a Star ( complete with radio) and a Technics 1500 ( with built in phono stage )

I have downsized from seven boxes to this , but I am a great believer in good cables and power chords to maximise the potential of the sound . It is my intention to add a Chord Epic between the Nait 50 and the Naim CD5si . Overkill certainly

best wishes

Ian

7 Likes

I have a very slight imbalance issue too, but only at very low volumes - below 8 o’clock on the dial, and the issue gradually disapppers when things get louder.

My Nait 50 is only a week old, what’s people’s experience with how long it takes for the Nait to run in?

1 Like

I have very bad FM reception here and that is my greatest regret. Otherwise, the same.

I ran it continuously the first week which helped but to be honest its only this last week that I get a sense that its entirely settled now and sounding its best, so about 5-6 weeks. Maybe in 5-6 months I will think differently and realise there was a little more to come.

2 Likes

And nothing wrong with this one graham55

Had it for 4 years , don’t think they make it now

Off thread I know but it’s really good FM/AM

2 Likes

That looks really cool sort of very modern retro.
Nice style. :+1:t2:

I was astounded with the SQ Skeptikal when I purchased it, I can’t remember how I stumbled onto it , remarkable for about $200 Aus dollars as I remember

Has a down firing speaker also :+1: I think , must check

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that might be the Kitchen sorted. :thinking: :+1:t2:

Are you keeping the 606s in this set up? I found my 606s needed power to sound at their best.

2 Likes

Newest System Box Count Reduction Unit :+1:t2:

14 Likes

Is that a Vertere Redline power on the Nait 50. If so what do you think about its performane vs the original power cable?

Tivoli used to do something similar.

Anyone tempted to try the new Rega Aya floor stander with their Nait 50?

1 Like