The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Yes the little Nait 50 certainly gets one thinking about all the top flight gear we have HiFiman

Do we really need it !!!

1 Like

As I get older I’m trying to simplify things in my life - stereo included :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ditto

Absolutely… having a simple hifi setup seems to let me enjoy it more for some reason. The Nait50 sourced by DAVE and NDX2 all sitting on Fraim sounds absolutely gorgeous into these Russell K RED 50s I am borrowing… surprising scale, dynamics and tonal intricacy as well as vocal intimacy and stereo positioning… a wonderful beguiling rendering that is sweet, non tiring yet detailed, engaging and fun and just about makes the sofa vibrate with some of the bass notes and bass drum when it needs to… so yes with the RED 50s the bass is not over blown or very extended but attractively tight and measured with just a hint of lower mid warmth . The Nait50 is just as happy playing the The Chemical Bothers, DK Krush, Sandy Denny, Johnny Cash, St Albans Cathedral Choir, Chopin Waltzes, Stiff Little Fingers, Joy Division, The Pioneers and Queen into those Russell Ks…. wonderful.

9 Likes

Very much so , I went from seven boxes to two on the audio (plus t/t) , I’ve bought better cables and power cables . The Nait 50 was a key component in this

4 Likes

I recently had the pleasure to hear the little Nait 50, I was really impressed, what a great piece of kit. Hugely enjoyable, very refined with great dynamics IMHO. Now I do understand why so many are enthusiast about it. It was paired with a couple of Harbeth HL5 XD, there were 2 different sources to compare: the Rega Planar P3 50th edition and the ND5 XS2.

Sorry, a bit out of focus…

5 Likes

Now there’s a band I’ve not listened to for a long, long, long time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And it would have sounded even better with an ND555 and an RP10!

That would be a very intriguing experience, I’m pretty sure! Unluckily there were no better sources available.

Listening to SLF would clearly reveal whether the Nait 50 is a high performer or a suspect device.

6 Likes

This simplification seems to be a bit of a thing. I read somewhere of someone selling a multibox system and being perfectly happy with just a Nova. People are weird.

2 Likes

So long as it’s not inflammable material.

2 Likes

Yep we all are…

2 Likes

Very good! :joy:

My nait50 in good company

22 Likes

The Nait 1 and Nait 2 look mint :ok_hand:
Naim CDi ?

1 Like

Yes they are mint, never recapped but wonderfull sounding

The cdi is a cdm9 pro version

2 Likes

Don’t get my OCD started with stacking those boxes, marks on top of cabinets are hard, if impossible to remove 100%

3 Likes

Have you been tempted to compare these three at all?

Those three little boxes are each great in their own way but for me, that one on top is in the all- time-top-five-greatest-looking-pieces-of-hifi category.

3 Likes