The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I have P3ESR with my Nait 50, it is a very good combination .

The Chord Epic would be well epic, I use Chord Shawline as interconnects between my CD player and my streamer / DAC and they are very good so I cannot think the Epic would not be an improvement with the Nait 50

2 Likes

I think there is much to be said for matching interconnects metallurgy with speaker cable.
I use relatively pure copper of NACA5 with the relatively pure copper of the DNM interconnects, both using parallel conductor separation, with my Nait50, and I am delighted that the resultant audio sounds delightfully natural, nuanced, engaging and unhighlighted. It passes the human voice test with flying colours.

4 Likes

Hello, there, I have a NAIT50 powering Falcon LS3/5As, and it’s a perfect match, source being a brand new LP12/ARO/rebuilt Linn Troika. (I am using a Chord Shawline cable, as mentioned by Ian - it’s a fetching shade of red that matches the crimson Troika rather well.)

Do come and have a listen, if you’re anywhere near Brighton!

4 Likes

I noticed in the manual it said avoid speaker cables longer than 20 metres and less than 1 metre. I’m just using some 4 metre Van Damme 2.5mm blue cables at present.

1 Like

How do the Proac 10 Sign deal with the Nait 50 ?
Happy with the result ? (Enough power to drive the 10th ?)

Maybe the Nait 50 is different then. It’s always been a minimum of 3.5.

I spoke to Naim HQ about this a few years ago now when I got the new UQ1 and that mantra is just true for the CB, Olive and Classic lines IMSMC. Most speaker cable is ok with the new gear. But, if you are in doubt then drop Naim HQ a line.

2 Likes

Hi there, Sorry, I scrolled thru the majority of the thread and I know it has been asked multiple times: It looks like the amp makes (sometimes?) a popping noise thru the speakers when turned on and/ or off.
Is this always the case or does the setting on the back of the unit, regarding the stand-by switch, changes that? Painfully sorry to ask, because local dealers tell me “it never occurs” and I am quiet “sensitive” to it - call me crazy - but I am not a big fan if the speaker makes a (more or less) loud “pop” when switching on and later on when switching off the amp…
And I am irritated, because NAIM advertises the amp with a “soft/ slow ramp up” procedure, so my assumption was, that this would prevent the pop-up (like using a relay)?
Thanks so much in advance!

And who was right? Extremely high noise and high coloration. But I like him anyway and it doesn’t bother me at all. I wish it had a stronger upper bass, then I would love it.

The simple solution is to leave the amp switched on all the time.

I never turn mine off, so it’s always warmed up, ready to play music at whatever time of the day or night I choose.

1 Like

Yep

Only time I turn mine off is when an electrical storm is due

I don’t even bother to do that with my ‘small’ system, as I have no FM aerial connected.

1 Like

Goodness that Nait 50 is brilliant , I can’t stop
listening to the music coming from it

One of my great Naim purchases I reckon

6 Likes

No popping noise noticed here, in fact not sure I have not noticed any noise from the speakers when turning on out of standby… the loudest noise are from the clicks of the power relays switching over.in my opinion.

Yeah I tend to agree with you… it does become a little addictive… I actually prized myself away from listening through it last night….

Mine makes a pop if you switch on with “phono” selected and the volume not at zero. The stream or aux inputs don’t do this.

1 Like

‘Pops‘ the speakers like all Naim amps when first switched on at the mains/plugged in. Using the ‘mains’ on the amp does then NOT produce the usual ‘pop’ from the speakers.

2 Likes

Mine popped when I plugged the mains plug into the power strip for the first time but not since. I’ve found the Nait 50 to be nice and quiet overall.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by switching on and off. There is no on/off switch on the amp itself. The only way to switch the amp completely off is to remove the mains supply in some way. If you do that mine makes a popping noise but that should only be done in particular circumstances, for example if a thunderstorm is coming. Otherwise the amp should always be powered up. The button on the front only switches to and from stand-by and should be silent in my experience. The power light is dimmer in stand-by. The switch on the back controls whether the amp goes into stand-by automatically when it has not been used for nineteen minutes. This is the off position of the switch and is the default when delivered. The advice of Naim is to have that switch turned to ‘on’ so the amp doesn’t go into stand-by automatically. If used as described the amp should be silent, but it is possible that there could be a noise associated with the phono input as someone has mentioned, but I have no experience of using it and it might be a characteristic of a particular turntable or cartridge and the earthing arrangement. If you could describe in more detail your experience of when the popping noise happens, the forum may be able to advise whether your unit is possibly faulty.

2 Likes

There’s a mains button on mine, and I’m pretty sure that mine is not the only one with this facility!

I have no idea whether the unit ‘pops’ on being switched on or off, as mine is left switched on all the time. (That was always Naim’s advice in the past, and I see no reason to disregard it now.)

1 Like