The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Both Cyrus and Aurilac have shoebox streamers about to be released

1 Like

Wiim Ultra next month too.

1 Like

Given the introduction of the legendary NAT01 in 1984, how I look forward to the NAT50 to match the NAIT50.

As the Nait 50 was a special edition for a milestone I don’t really expect anything to be brought out to partner it as it’s a limited product.

5 Likes

I used to have my Cyrus FMX tuner… it was half width size and performed really really well… used that with my Naim amps until I got a Naim tuner… I found the Cyrus more insightful and excelled on Radio3, but the Naim NAT03 cuddlier to listen to on more stations… I kept the NAT. … I seemed to remember getting a better than expected price for the Cyrus tuner… if I am honest now with my Nait50 I kind of wish I had kept it.

3 Likes

I’ve just heard from Naim that they are now down to their last remaining stock, so for anyone who has been hankering for a NAIT 50, best get your skates on and get in touch with your Naim dealer.

4 Likes

It’s a lovely sounding bit of kit .

Not surprised that it didn’t sell out immediately as it’s immediate appeal was to those like myself who are on more than their first piece of Naim amplification

2 Likes

Some bargains around too - even brand new !

1 Like

They really did gauge sales perfectly - must be so tricky

Just count the number of active forum members, add in the number of contributors, divide by two and take away the number you first thought of. Simple.

1 Like

I’m guessing the product will be reborn as a non limited version in some form. Must be one of their best selling boxes in these days.

2 Likes

Best selling? They have some left.

But get in quick, they are almost gone. :rofl:

1 Like

I would have loved it to have had some of the features consumers want like a remote, having said that it sounds superb , and I am sure that the learning curve it represented will not be lost

It is a cracker… listening to Better Boat, duet by Kenny Chesney and Mindy Smith… its so delightful and magical, oozing emotions, and that little Nait 50 does it like the best of them in the Naim stable… wonderful.
BTW I am using one of my Hilines again between it and the DAVE… that really is a great interconnect

2 Likes

Not that tricky
1973 is the year and the number of amps.

I think very tricky, they had to know what year to start Naim to optimise the sales perfectly for the 50th anniversary.

6 Likes

I do wonder if something like a remote would compromise the performance… obviously we won’t know, but there is something going on with the performance of this amp as it performs so much better than it has any right to do, and certain niche super high fidelity manufacturers like DNM avoid all electronic control circuitry from their amps for SQ performance reasons.

3 Likes

I think your 10k+ source might be in some way responsible for it sounding so good to your ears Simon.

Yes someone else said that the other day… it wasn’t you was it? But I have had other amps including a 552 DR 250 and non Naim powered by that very same source, and none of them sounded as good as this.(edit before anyone gets upset… in my opinion)
So sure the source is important, but the amp has got to communicate it through to the speakers which also play an essential part.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like