The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I would have loved it to have had some of the features consumers want like a remote, having said that it sounds superb , and I am sure that the learning curve it represented will not be lost

It is a crackerā€¦ listening to Better Boat, duet by Kenny Chesney and Mindy Smithā€¦ its so delightful and magical, oozing emotions, and that little Nait 50 does it like the best of them in the Naim stableā€¦ wonderful.
BTW I am using one of my Hilines again between it and the DAVEā€¦ that really is a great interconnect

2 Likes

Not that tricky
1973 is the year and the number of amps.

I think very tricky, they had to know what year to start Naim to optimise the sales perfectly for the 50th anniversary.

6 Likes

I do wonder if something like a remote would compromise the performanceā€¦ obviously we wonā€™t know, but there is something going on with the performance of this amp as it performs so much better than it has any right to do, and certain niche super high fidelity manufacturers like DNM avoid all electronic control circuitry from their amps for SQ performance reasons.

3 Likes

I think your 10k+ source might be in some way responsible for it sounding so good to your ears Simon.

Yes someone else said that the other dayā€¦ it wasnā€™t you was it? But I have had other amps including a 552 DR 250 and non Naim powered by that very same source, and none of them sounded as good as this.(edit before anyone gets upsetā€¦ in my opinion)
So sure the source is important, but the amp has got to communicate it through to the speakers which also play an essential part.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Interesting. Have the speakers and the source been the constant?

Source, cables, and Fraim has been constant. Speakers were ATC SCM19, now they are Russell K RED 50sā€¦ though I did have the ATCs when I first bought the Nait50ā€¦ I thought I would try these speakersā€¦ and yes I did prefer the RKs, particularly the timing and the natural feel and the unhighlighted resolution (I can even mostly understand Thom Yorke now without concentrating too hardā€¦ :grinning:) albeit they donā€™t quite have the punch the ATCs hadā€¦ but I was prepared to sacrifice that, or at least for now.

2 Likes

Nice sales pitch,

IMG_4310

4 Likes

16 Likes

Personally Iā€™ve never understood why the amp needs a remote really. Used a number of them without remotes like DNM, Croft, Lavardin, Ampandsound. The truth is that with a good sounding amp you donā€™t change volume that oftenā€¦ My Nait 50 can play for a week or so with the same volume setting :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For when I pause the TV and it switches itself into stand-by mode

First world problem mostly, when it is most likely you have just torn your meniscus ā€¦ it becomes something else

1 Like

Nait 50 Appreciation Photo

27 Likes

And another two:

29 Likes

Top one in particular is a great pic

1 Like

My picture isnā€™t as good as above but here goesā€¦

20 Likes

Itā€™s a fantastic amp, particularly when partnered by high quality components (LP12 courtesy of Peter Swain @Cymbiosis !

6 Likes