The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Oh well. Anyway it’s on the NAIT 50 page.

Nice :+1:

No DR regs in the Nait 50…it just would not fit. DRs double the size of the power amp section.
Not sure where the error has come from. Sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

Yes, a photoshop :slight_smile:
Marketing have done a few like this, they’ll pop out over the weeks

1 Like

Well this was the general idea from JV years ago when these little NAITs were introduced among a plethora of high powered solid state. Better to have a high current, alive sounding low watt amp than a dead sounding high watt amp.

2 Likes

Hi Robert @robert_h

Yes, new connector blocks, same pins.
These were updated for new classic and included for the Nait 50.
Same spacing :slight_smile:

It can take pretty much any speaker cable of any length.
It does sound good on NACA5 and 2M is a good starting point.

2 Likes

I read so much love and hate comments about this little integrated amp in the internet - looks like the launch will be a success for NAIM AUDIO.
yes the price is posh - but why spending 3000EUR for an boutique tube amp?
to me it`s a great brand initiative and I hope the NAIT50 will bring a lot of love into the listening rooms.

4 Likes

Oh my…so it is.
It won’t be for long!

Sorry about that everyone and thanks @Musicraft for letting me know

The amp in the Nait 50:

• It’s a quasi-complementary just like a NAP200, 250, 300, 350, 500 etc.
  • It uses power transistors found in 100W amplifiers, one of the reasons it can peak at 225W
3 Likes

Yes, it is double the original price, but this is a celebration and we went to town.

Nait 50 is pack with the audiophile goodness you’d expect to find in a large Naim integrated.
The power had to be capped because of the case size, but the current drive is there.
Naim’s new headphone amp (as per 222, 332 etc)
ALPs blue velvet volume control
Custom made filter capacitors
Fly by wire input selection - selects via reed relays
Soft-start
0.5W standby with music sensing for auto off

External parts were also upgraded compared to the original.
Machined from solid volume knob (damps vibrations to the volume control for better sound)
Brushed anodised front and rear.

12 Likes

Steve thanks for the reply; I don’t know who’s in marketing these days since Ange etc left, the wording in the manual linked online reads pretty strictly use naca5. But maybe they’re just playing it safe. I’ll see if I can wangle some naca5 offcuts.

1 Like

Love the detailed description. It’s obviously been a labour of love. Can’t wait to listen!

2 Likes

If we can use any cable despite what the owners manual states, does that mean connector blocks aren’t a must as well?

5 days and over 400 replies. Somehow I missed this thread.

Does this Nait 50 LE sound better than Supernait 3 with easy to drive speakers? I’m curious to know if it’s more to sound quality or iconic look/status.

I was seriously considering this but then I thought I could get an olive 72/Hicap/250 for less money to go with my IBLs. Despite the new Naim goodness in this little box surely the old olives would still outperform and be a better match with IBLs?

8 Likes

It’s only the „want it“ factor on my side.
Have a nait 2 CB (even nicer looking than nait 1 imho) already in my second system and olive 72/hicap/250 as spare ones unused…
Hmmm…

5 Likes

same to me - but placed my order anyway.
it`s a great expensive opportunity imho.

3 Likes

It would be nice if it had more torque and finesse than an xs3. Like the Enleum 23 which sells for x2 the price. In which case I might be tempted.
If that was the case Naim would be foolish to limit production to 1973 units.
In any case by the time a few members take a hit for the team and report back they probably will have sold out.

Reading this thread it seems like more than a few members! :wink:

Sure, an Olive 72/Hicap/250 for less money will outperform the Nait 50 but…

That “but” eventually cost me the booking for one…

1 Like

Hi just booked one from local dealer here in Malaysia. I believed I am the 2nd one to order from Malaysia. Currently running CB Nait 2. Also have 72/hicap/140s (mono)…and also nap250.

6 Likes