The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

If we can use any cable despite what the owners manual states, does that mean connector blocks aren’t a must as well?

5 days and over 400 replies. Somehow I missed this thread.

Does this Nait 50 LE sound better than Supernait 3 with easy to drive speakers? I’m curious to know if it’s more to sound quality or iconic look/status.

I was seriously considering this but then I thought I could get an olive 72/Hicap/250 for less money to go with my IBLs. Despite the new Naim goodness in this little box surely the old olives would still outperform and be a better match with IBLs?

8 Likes

It’s only the „want it“ factor on my side.
Have a nait 2 CB (even nicer looking than nait 1 imho) already in my second system and olive 72/hicap/250 as spare ones unused…
Hmmm…

5 Likes

same to me - but placed my order anyway.
it`s a great expensive opportunity imho.

3 Likes

It would be nice if it had more torque and finesse than an xs3. Like the Enleum 23 which sells for x2 the price. In which case I might be tempted.
If that was the case Naim would be foolish to limit production to 1973 units.
In any case by the time a few members take a hit for the team and report back they probably will have sold out.

Reading this thread it seems like more than a few members! :wink:

Sure, an Olive 72/Hicap/250 for less money will outperform the Nait 50 but…

That “but” eventually cost me the booking for one…

1 Like

Hi just booked one from local dealer here in Malaysia. I believed I am the 2nd one to order from Malaysia. Currently running CB Nait 2. Also have 72/hicap/140s (mono)…and also nap250.

6 Likes

I’d love a Nait50 but I can’t justify it. I have so many hifis and the only spot for it would be as an addition to my UQ2 for the office “desk” system, which is already in a room that has quite an extremely good Luxman tube amp for the office “sitting and having a break” system.

Struggling for an excuse to buy one. I want one so bad. But just can’t come up with a reason. And I’m not anywhere close to a financial position where I can buy something like that without a good reason.

8 Likes

Buy it as an investment that you can cash in 10 years.

Sadly, that’s the same for me. But I’m still thinking!

1 Like

Same here …
I am also not sure, if it will be sold out so quickly.
Solstice was 500 limited and you can still get one, when you look a bit.
Nait is more than 3 times in numbers, but it is less expensive.

1 Like

For example the Swedish distributor claims DR in Nait 50 and shared this during the Munich show. Not sure where they got such information from.

It’s a totally different proposition, almost everyone buying one (Nait 50) will be doing so for nostalgic reasons and bragging rights, the Solstice on the other hand is so niche it’s almost solving a problem no one asked to be solved. If they instead released a LP12 friendly 50th Anniversary titanium Aro tonearm, they’d all be sold before even shipping.
If you’re still tempted, you can get an ex demo Solstice (so basically new/open box) for around £9k today (vs £16k list).
I’d not be surprised to see flippers on the NAIT 50, expect to see the occasional speculative eBay listing in a years time with someone trying to shift one for silly money.

2 Likes

Hmm - should I buy solstice instead? :o)

Or thinking, “I might actually be able to take this hifi with me when my kids stick me in a home.”

10 Likes

I think the Nait 50 is likely to sell to a non nostalgia market though. It looks good has a small form factor and is relevant to the new younger gen that is taking up vinyl. It is also more affordable than a multi box solution for vinyl. I run a halfwidth ds-10 in to a Nait2 at the moment and it looks cool with its retro vibe, takes up little space on the shelf, and sounds good. My offspring are impressed with it. I had already considered transplanting a node into a cb case before the ds-10 arrived. If Naim can make a cb shoebox streamer, the ds-10 can go and I’m pretty sure at least one of my offspring would buy that combination and run their P3 alongside. (The others will wait until I die and fight for the it :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The ultimate downsizers guide, or how to rock and roll in retirement.

4 Likes

Rega io at around £400 springs to mind. I can’t see many kids spending £2700 on something because it has a chrome bumper, or maybe I’m missing something here!
Even a used Atom is to be readily sourced for £1500-2000, which surely fits the lifestyle profile more broadly.
Even I buy less vinyl these days, it’s shockingly expensive and very much an indulgence.

2 Likes