The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Simply lovely

But now put a streamer and dac boards into a similar box please.
That would be a nice cool little system

5 Likes

-So tempting that it defies logic!

I passed up on a Nait 1 in 1985 over the just introduced Cyrus One. I think it was 50-100 pounds more, but I loved the Cyrus One. So what if I killed a few power transistors over the years when letting speaker cables touch each other? My bad.

I later went from a Nait XS to a Supernait 2 to a Uniti Atom.

I love the old Naits and love that there are the AVOptions restored ones for sale from time to time.

The price is painful, and Iā€™d probably find myself just routing the Uniti output into the Nait 1. Like that makes senseā€¦but I love the retroness of it. Goes better with My Harbeth P3s.

2 Likes

Same as mine (nd5xs2 with nDAC). Very nice :blush:
I am so tempted to go for this new nait ā€¦

1 Like

But people are purchasing the Nait 50 purely based on the way it looks. Nobody has heard it yet. Itā€™s actually a lifestyle product.

Placing it next to a modern design product is just going to spoil its look. The reason people are buying it.

Iā€™d like to a see a matching ND source as well. I would imagine a very simple design, with digital input selection buttons on the front but no on screen display - other controls could be handled through an app. But I canā€™t see this happening unless (a) the Nait 50 sells out quickly and (b) due to the demand, Naim releas a non-limited edition version of hte NAIT.

1 Like

I would feel very heartened if some young chap rocked up in a hifi shop to buy an amp and this little 50th was just sitting there waiting to be picked up - with a healthy discount.
And, the young chap had absolutely no idea of Naim.
Imagine then the rushā€¦ā€¦
For every old geezer just wanting one to sit on the shelf to look at.
Is letting down a young chap with no idea his right of passage.

3 Likes

donā€™t think so
this product is for enthusiasts

2 Likes

Yes it is, but that would surely fly in the face of the Naitā€™s entire ā€˜raison dā€™ĆŖtreā€™; the single-box amplifier.

Yes it does, what connectivity issues are you experiencing?

Thrilled with the internals and phono design and fascinated to hear how this one sounds. However, I donā€™t think they got the ā€œNaim Audioā€ on the face looking exactly like the original. Will this be corrected? Too picky? :innocent:

@GeoffC was this your lettering design originally?

1 Like

Thank you and ideal with my UnitiQute 2 as well .

I wouldnā€™t like to try with the new Nait 50 or my UniQute with my Harbeth P3ESR

best wishes

Ian

I really like the standby power aspect - the only thing I donā€™t like about my always on 32.5/HC/160 CB setup is the total 45 watts always on - its annual power usage is equal to the annual output of 1.5 of my solar panelsā€¦not climate friendlyā€¦

1 Like

I did ask my trusted dealer if the price was Ā£1973 , he laughed

3 Likes

Short (late night) answer is No - for the chrome + olive range facias, but it is also Yes - I did hand draw a ā€˜masterā€™ version of the naim audio lettering + circles logo for various uses. The type is based on the Avant Garde font, with a few subtle differences. The original drawings are all here, as are scalable digital recreations.

A detailed answer will appear in the morningā€¦

7 Likes

This might save some typing: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have just messaged my dealer and will be putting a deposit down. No real need for it, but feel I canā€™t live without it. Haha.

The question is where it fits in the integrated pecking order. The one interview at Munich I watched suggested the phono stage was on par with the Supernait. So will it be comparable overall to a Nait 5si? An XS3? An Atom? or maybe the UnitiQute?

(The answer I want to hear is that it can replace my XS2 along with the Stageline)

3 Likes

loved that LP/CD. Had a Nait 2/Kan II.

Maybe I misunderstood about the font/size/spacing and used the wrong wording in my post. If the intent is that it shall look the way it looks in the photos, great. I was just noting that it seems from the photo, looks ever so slightly different to an older Nait.

Very nice. But three grand ? Youā€™re hsving a laugh. It is so so anti classic Naim.