The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

That’s why limited numbers , on paper it does not look like a worthwhile purchase, no remote, 25 watt per channel , 2 line inputs, DIN only .

However if you have faith in the brand - you will appreciate that they won’t put their name on a product at that price unless they were satisfied with it.

It drives my Harbeths wonderfully , I am very pleased with mine, it has that stress free sound one associates with a decent quality amplifier

4 Likes

Ditto Ian

Must say I’m very happy with mine

3 Likes

The measurements prove the Klipschorn is not an easy load (impedance and some extreme phase angles). Sensitivity is another matter and of course, they are about as sensitive a speaker as one can use.

Btw, I would bet that some Klipschorn models are an easier load than others and second, so many Klipschorns over the years have been modified with different drivers, etc…

Btw, all of this can be countered with other factors, such as the extremely low distortion of the Klipschorn and your Fortes compared to most other speakers.

1 Like

This from the Klipsch forum:

I listened to a set of Klipschorns in the 70s. They were at Turntables Unlimited in Sacramento. They were being driven by a hand held transistor radio. Sounded pretty good for AM.

Doesn’t sound like a difficult load to me!

Wonder what the frequency range is of AM radio. Haha. Perhaps have a look at measurements…Stereophile is a good starting point.

I live in Arkansas. Klipsch is 2 hours down the road. World headquarters.

2 Likes

Plan to be home demoing the Nait50 this weekend… thoroughly looking forward to it. It’s simplicity is appealing, I hope its sound is equally so…I suspect it will be…

8 Likes

What are you planning to use it with Simon ?

I drove my cornwall iv with the nait50
the only downside was the lack of deep bass

to me the nait50 is a better match with harbeth monitor30 and spendor bc1

the bc1 together with nait50 is my living room set up now

5 Likes

James

Streamer/NDX2 or Chord DAC and CDX2 or NAT03… I may need to juggle the inputs around to use lesser used sources. I will also see how good it is at driving by Meze Empyrean headphones. Speakers will be ATC 19 - and I know the XS2 could drive those to my liking.

Simon

3 Likes

Do you know what - I think that is the appeal given its size - ie it can standalone and is not part necessarily of a matching system.

I understand that there is a growing demand for such things generally in consumer electronics - especially with younger newer buyers - they are not after necessarily after a larger array of matching components which perhaps is perceived as somewhat old skool.

Anyway clearly this particular device is a niche product - and I have high expectations of it. I will report back.

3 Likes

Partnered my Nait 50 with Neat Petite 30 anniversary’s

Match made in heaven :+1:

1 Like

Do you get much bass out of that combo

Bloody hell do I what Pete

It’s pretty surprising really but it does depend on the quality of the recording

Vinyl pressings seem to have a bit more bass for some reason especially the quality remastered ones

But CD’s and NDX2 sound great also

The Supernait 3 ( currently sitting idle ) has more “weight” to the overall sound and go a little deeper but the Nait 50 has a more spacious sound - not sure if I’m saying this correctly but hopefully you get the general gist

The Nait 50 has been one of the naim purchases that I’m really glad I took the plunge with. It sort of gets one thinking about what does one really want out of a system

If it’s matched well it’s a cracker , well at least to me it is

9 Likes

I concur. I’ve matched mine with Neat Petite Classics and my treasured Thorens TD2001. The inbuilt MM phono stage is excellent. I’m also running my Sky box via my Matrix Audio DAC on the aux input.

Very pleased with the sound I’m getting. Cracking little system.

4 Likes

I’m seriously thinking of simplifying my set up but unsure which direction to go. I had considered a the new 200 stream/pre, 250 plus the 300 power supply, a 3 box setup is extremely attractive to me.

Yes I know where you’re coming from Pete

If one wants only 3 boxes I’d probably go with the 333 streamer, 332 preamp and the NC NAP250

Whilst the 350 mono blocks would be good I don’t think your speakers really need that kind of grunt going through them

I see on Harrys Facebook page he has partnered the Nait 50 with the olive CDS/XPS combo and Neat Xplora speakers

3 Likes

Bit off topic I know but you could go to even a 2 box system

Linn streamer and Naim NC NAP 250

Back to topic thread now

I could do it with the 222 and 250.

Yep