The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

On my iPhone 13Pro the Edge browser works well. I have no issues.
As for uploading photos, I take screen shots when uploading to all forums.
Reduces metadata……I hope.

Is this the one Richard?
Can’t understand how thus works with the Naim forum :man_shrugging:

yes

download

then add the below url
https://community.naimaudio.com/

I personally sticking with the iOS browser.

2 Likes

That’s the right app, and I tend to use it for the Naim forum, and sometimes Roon’s. It’s pretty much identical to using Safari on iOS in my experience, but a little more convenient than having yet another page open on a browser.

1 Like

on IOs you can just add the naim forum home page to homescreen

2 Likes

Yes. or on Edge browser iOS

1 Like

I wonder if this is better in its own thread - all useful stuff - but might get lost here with users wanting to share experiences of the Nait 50

6 Likes

Hello all, I’m Greg.

This afternoon I’ve taken a NAIT 50 on loan for a few days. I’m moving from my big speakers in a decent-sized living room and decided to make a dedicated listening space in a spare bedroom which was formerly a movies room.

I’ve never owned any Naim kit before but I’ve read a fair bit about the NAIT 50 here and other places. I was intrigued, so went for it.

My analogue source is a Thorens TD 124/SME M2-9R/SPU Wood A with a Sculpture A step-up transformer. Digital is provided by a Roon Nucleus with TIDAL and a Limetree Network player, controlled by an iPad.

The NAIT 50 slots in between those sources and my temporary Wharfedale 9.1 speakers - which sound surprising lively via the NAIT. After selling my Klipsch Cornwall speakers I’m aiming to return to speakers I’ve owned before such as Harbeth P3ESR or Falcon LS3/5a which suit a small space and nearfield listening. I’d also like to get some Audeze LCD-2 Classic headphones to take advance of the NAIT’s headphone amp, as I enjoyed the LCD-3 I owned in the past.

I had some trouble removing the speaker plugs as I’d not encountered them before. Managed to cut my finger trying to remove one! The dealer said it’s ok to use any speaker cables but I’d be keen to hear any views on this. He also suggested Chord Epic cables.

The other quirk was the unusual power arrangement. No music until I realised it wasn’t fully on. Would’ve been nice to have a power switch on the rear with the front switch as a standby/on toggle. Quirks can be endearing though, so let’s see how it goes…

My vintage turntable is sounding very good even with the budget speakers. Getting some decent dynamics form jazz drummers etc. The Limetree Network player is really nice and clear with the NAIT. I’m enjoying some solo Spanish guitar and Renaissance lute so far.

11 Likes

Naim recomenend at least a minimum of 3.5 metres per channel for speaker cable as it’s part of the amps circuit.

I agree with you that it should of had an on/off switch.

1 Like

I have P3ESR with my Nait 50, it is a very good combination .

The Chord Epic would be well epic, I use Chord Shawline as interconnects between my CD player and my streamer / DAC and they are very good so I cannot think the Epic would not be an improvement with the Nait 50

2 Likes

I think there is much to be said for matching interconnects metallurgy with speaker cable.
I use relatively pure copper of NACA5 with the relatively pure copper of the DNM interconnects, both using parallel conductor separation, with my Nait50, and I am delighted that the resultant audio sounds delightfully natural, nuanced, engaging and unhighlighted. It passes the human voice test with flying colours.

4 Likes

Hello, there, I have a NAIT50 powering Falcon LS3/5As, and it’s a perfect match, source being a brand new LP12/ARO/rebuilt Linn Troika. (I am using a Chord Shawline cable, as mentioned by Ian - it’s a fetching shade of red that matches the crimson Troika rather well.)

Do come and have a listen, if you’re anywhere near Brighton!

4 Likes

I noticed in the manual it said avoid speaker cables longer than 20 metres and less than 1 metre. I’m just using some 4 metre Van Damme 2.5mm blue cables at present.

1 Like

How do the Proac 10 Sign deal with the Nait 50 ?
Happy with the result ? (Enough power to drive the 10th ?)

Maybe the Nait 50 is different then. It’s always been a minimum of 3.5.

I spoke to Naim HQ about this a few years ago now when I got the new UQ1 and that mantra is just true for the CB, Olive and Classic lines IMSMC. Most speaker cable is ok with the new gear. But, if you are in doubt then drop Naim HQ a line.

2 Likes

Hi there, Sorry, I scrolled thru the majority of the thread and I know it has been asked multiple times: It looks like the amp makes (sometimes?) a popping noise thru the speakers when turned on and/ or off.
Is this always the case or does the setting on the back of the unit, regarding the stand-by switch, changes that? Painfully sorry to ask, because local dealers tell me “it never occurs” and I am quiet “sensitive” to it - call me crazy - but I am not a big fan if the speaker makes a (more or less) loud “pop” when switching on and later on when switching off the amp…
And I am irritated, because NAIM advertises the amp with a “soft/ slow ramp up” procedure, so my assumption was, that this would prevent the pop-up (like using a relay)?
Thanks so much in advance!

And who was right? Extremely high noise and high coloration. But I like him anyway and it doesn’t bother me at all. I wish it had a stronger upper bass, then I would love it.

The simple solution is to leave the amp switched on all the time.

I never turn mine off, so it’s always warmed up, ready to play music at whatever time of the day or night I choose.

1 Like

Yep

Only time I turn mine off is when an electrical storm is due