The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

272 has gone to the pub.

1 Like

I have an afternoon off - off to listen to mine now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perhaps this question makes no sense at all but here goes - How much of the NC sound does the Nait 50 have ? Is it more of an updated Nait 1 sound or more of a NC sound ? Just curious.

1 Like

I think it makes sense and a good question. I have thought about this as well and there might be different views, however for me:

• I have found the Nait 50 to be very similar in character to my Nait 2 in almost every important aspect but especially the immediate presence, agility, transparency and engagement
  • When the NCs were introduced I found them closer to my Nait 2 than the OC have ever been. This in fact made me finally decide to move my Nait 2 on.
  • The Nait 50 does not have a DAC which is an important part of the NC character but I find it super complimentary to my NSC222 and Atom HE.

So there you have it, a couple of my impressions and hope of some help:)

2 Likes

Many thanks for your thoughts - very interesting. I am pleased with my OC system but interested in NC but without the budget to do anything about it. I was thinking about the Nait 50 given it is now getting discounted.

1 Like

For me Nait 50 wins in all the market with a parameter of ‘sound per kg/pound’. You can just put it in the bag and go to any dealer to listen to whatever speaker or source you want. Not even speaking of how easy it is to move rooms or homes with such a tiny package. And without big compromise on sound quality. To have a decent headphone amplifier and quite good phono stage on top is just amazing.

11 Likes

Sounds great. Now all that’s missing is a music streamer with the same design and no frills as a counterpart. Come on NAIM guys, get to work :wink:

1 Like

I just bought a black Aurender N100 on the second hand market to go with my NAIT50 :wink:
(it’s just a streamer without DAC)

3 Likes

Had the Nait 50 about 9 months now and it seems to have recently improved. It’s now got some of that ease and fluidity that used (CB/Olive) Naim has, probably from years of use. Musically, it’s not too far off my 12/160 now, so decided to hang onto it after all (for the office).

2 Likes

Do you leave on all of the time (bright LED) or do you use the standby function?

1 Like

Stays on full power all the time.

It’s probably only been powered on about 6-months solid - when I’ve used the 12/160

1 Like

So 6 months before proper burn in ?
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Just play the thing and enjoy the journey. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Not really up to you though is it

1 Like

It would be if it was mine. :thinking:
I noticed our new washing machine washes whites whiter after it hit 200 hrs. :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Are your darks, darker too ?

2 Likes

Even some of my clothes might come up fresh after 200 hours😂

3 Likes

Inky black with no streaks. :rofl: :+1:t2:

1 Like

4 Likes

What ever happened to Omo👍

1 Like