The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I have over 50 devices connected to my 1.5 Gbps fibre optic network.

Everything not mobile is hardwired, if possible, for better whole home internet performance.

A search result.

There are pros and cons to both Ethernet and WiFi for high-quality audio streaming. Many audiophiles believe Ethernet provides better sound quality[1][2][3][4] as it can reduce electrical noise and interference that can degrade the audio signal. However, a well-designed WiFi implementation can also deliver excellent sound quality if the WiFi module is properly integrated and the signal is strong and stable[1].

The key factors are minimizing electrical noise and ensuring a consistent, high-bandwidth connection. Ethernet may have an advantage in reducing noise pickup, but WiFi can work well if the hardware and network are optimized for audio[1]. Ultimately, the performance difference between the two may be subtle and system-dependent[1][2][3][4]. The most important thing is to test both options and go with whichever provides the best sound quality in your specific setup[1].

1 Like

Just added an Aries G1.1 to my 272/250DR over the weekend. Sounds great through wifi!

Canā€™t help but feel and S1 in the Nait 50 study system would look cool, and feeding the Qutest tooā€¦ Hmm.

1 Like

Does the S1 have a digital volume control with no degradation? I find that is useful with the Nait50 without its performance robbing remote.

1 Like

Should the DAC/Streamer volume control not be turned off for sound quality? Why have the gain on the amp higher than it needs to be?

My DAC/Streamer has Lossless LEEDH Processing volume control but Iā€™ve turned it off and use the Nait 50ā€™s volume control only.

1 Like

The Vega S1 will have a fully analogue volume control (like the previous Vega).
This allows you to choose which one to use without loss of SQ - I do this with the Atom HE and the Nait 50.
Looks like this new Vega allows for its preamp to be switched off so only the Nait preamp could be used.

Ok, yes I use the digital volume control on the DAVE, because of the architecture of that custom converter, no loss in quality what so ever with high attenuation, and one gets perfect channel tracking accuracy.

It depends very much on the implementation. If the digital volume work by decimating the digital stream into the converter then yes switch off for best SQ. There are other digital solutions these days that use custom converters and DSP where attenuation has no impact on audio quality, ie the volume control is effectively digitally lossless by noise shaping or other methods.

1 Like

Naim better get cracking on releasing their own shoebox streamer/dac product(s).

Clearly there is a demand, others seem to have more urgency on meeting that with supplyā€¦

6 Likes

Both Cyrus and Aurilac have shoebox streamers about to be released

1 Like

Wiim Ultra next month too.

1 Like

Given the introduction of the legendary NAT01 in 1984, how I look forward to the NAT50 to match the NAIT50.

As the Nait 50 was a special edition for a milestone I donā€™t really expect anything to be brought out to partner it as itā€™s a limited product.

5 Likes

I used to have my Cyrus FMX tunerā€¦ it was half width size and performed really really wellā€¦ used that with my Naim amps until I got a Naim tunerā€¦ I found the Cyrus more insightful and excelled on Radio3, but the Naim NAT03 cuddlier to listen to on more stationsā€¦ I kept the NAT. ā€¦ I seemed to remember getting a better than expected price for the Cyrus tunerā€¦ if I am honest now with my Nait50 I kind of wish I had kept it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just heard from Naim that they are now down to their last remaining stock, so for anyone who has been hankering for a NAIT 50, best get your skates on and get in touch with your Naim dealer.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a lovely sounding bit of kit .

Not surprised that it didnā€™t sell out immediately as itā€™s immediate appeal was to those like myself who are on more than their first piece of Naim amplification

2 Likes

Some bargains around too - even brand new !

1 Like

They really did gauge sales perfectly - must be so tricky

Just count the number of active forum members, add in the number of contributors, divide by two and take away the number you first thought of. Simple.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing the product will be reborn as a non limited version in some form. Must be one of their best selling boxes in these days.

2 Likes

Best selling? They have some left.

But get in quick, they are almost gone. :rofl:

1 Like