The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Oh go on then…

12 Likes

should be ultimately better for sure

1 Like

Jamie, How do like the TEAC transport? And why it, not one of Naim CD 5 series?

It’s great, replaced an Audiolab transport and a defo uplift.

Didn’t need a CDP as it’s feeding a Dac (Chord Qutest) and did need ‘shoebox’ width…

2 Likes

Sound wise is it the same level as your 3.5/FC at the end?

I found a Japanese-built Ortofon ST-7 SUT, which is great.

Hmmm…Not tried.

I did put the Audiolab through the 272 some time back. It was fine, but the 3.5/FC/Hiline beat it with some ease for enjoyment.

I would also state that some years back the 3.5 went back to Naim after a failed mech. I seem to remember the replacement mech was an updated/newer version(?) and they tweaked/replaced some other bits at the same time. It came back sounding like it had a significant upgrade.

2 Likes

.jpeg)

9 Likes

The bare essentials, i am the resurection, jon carter.

beautiful floor!

1 Like

Yup, nothing more classy than a good floor (and shoes). It beats me why people put wood prints on plastic on the floor.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that sound is improved if you let your interconnects or burndies touch the parkay floor, it must be real wood though :rofl:

1 Like

Yes , it must parquet made from tropical mahogany, ideally on the Cites list :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Very nice parquet floor!

Cheers! Word is previous owner reclaimed it from a school.

Having my Nait 50 for two days now and I really like it. One thing though … in the manual it says when on stand by setting it will sense music and auto turn on, which does not happen. It turns off though when not playing. Is this normal, or needs a service. I did read its better to be aleays on, but still would be nice to work.

Correct it will not come out of standby when music plays ,but will go to sleep after no music played for I think 17 minutes .
Just press mains button to bring it back to life .

2 Likes

The manual is incorrect (unusual for Naim :wink:)

See the posts further up the thread

Thank you very much.

NAIT 50 on headphone amp duties. I’d not tried the headphone output up until now and it’s doing a rather fine job of driving my Sony Z1R over ears. Source is my Walkman 1Z.

13 Likes