The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Nait 50 now given back and my previous system (with serviced and repaired 552) up and running. Of course there’s a huge difference but the little Nait provided a very enjoyable listening experience and can hold its head up proudly. I could happily live with one.

3 Likes

Howdy All! Just joined the Naim community with a Nait 50 acquisition. I literally read this thread through three times while making my mind up, so thanks for all the info/opinions. I am quite excited with the results thus far, thought I would share a system pic.

43 Likes

32 Likes

Welcome. Very nice set up.

1 Like

As I was browsing the stock at a hi-fi shop whilst on a visit to Melbourne (Australia) the other day, I noticed a NAIT 50. I didn’t want to strike up a conversation with the dealer because I was scared it might end up coming home with me. It’s haunted me since.

4 Likes

Welcome @Acidwash, and what a lovely system, very neat and stylish. That Clear Audio turntable with that particular wood/colour combination is beautiful.
What are the speakers?

3 Likes

Those are Marantz imperial 6 speakers. A bit of a dark horse choice, but sounding proper until I figure out the next move. Seriously eyeballing Devore Fidelity to complete the system.

3 Likes

I have Falcon’s modern take on the 50 year old BBC monitors - the LS3/5A - with my NAIT 50, and they might have been made for each other.

6 Likes

Go on, you know you want to… :wink:

#onlyonelife

2 Likes

Interesting. Let me know which shop please.

Carlton AV

1 Like

I think they were both designed for smaller rooms, but suspect there is a natural synergy

Has anyone tried the auralic vega s1 dac with their Nait 50? I’m really tempted by this two box solution. (Shame Naim have not made an DAC/Streamer in the classic Nait case)

Am I right in thinking that the vega S1 DAC has a discrete ladder analog volume control that could be used with a remote control? Would this allow me to control the volume going into the Nait 50 from my sofa :grin:

I’m not sure that the S1 has been released for sale yet.

A popular dealer in Harlow mentioned on their Instagram feed that they had the S1 Vega in stock with the Aries arriving later this week.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Ah yes you might be correct. - from what I can find, it seems like a good option for controlling the volume without degrading the SQ. plus the half sized case would be a nice fit with the Nait 50. a very sleek modern case to contrast a classic.

New incoming half width kit from Mission; 778 cd transport, and streamer.

10 Likes

The official launch isn’t until August (ish) so pricing and details aren’t yet available. To put it in context, the matching 778 amp is £549.
Mission is a sister company to Audiolab (within IAG) and the Audioquest streamers use the DTS Play-Fi streaming platform. So the mission one might use the same. Possibly. There’s a headphone socket on the front and a volume control which I assume is just for the built in headphone amp. If it’s using the DTS platform, then you get all the usual suspects, tidal and qobuz, plus Amazon music and deezer. Also Spotify connect and airplay 2. But I don’t think it supports roon.
So it might be an Audiolab 7000 streamer in a half width box.

5 Likes

Just ordered the Vega S1.

Should be a nice pairing with the Nait 50.

Now the wait :sweat_smile:

7 Likes