The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Thanks for sharing the photos.

1 Like

Just checked with a well known chain , and they have four substantially reduced.

Somebody might get lucky, spoke to manager , even their staff have been buying them - so it is obviously very good , but he felt hampered by lack of a remote

2 Likes

That’s a very good price. Almost worth buying another as a spare :grinning:

2 Likes

Another Spa trip?, she might be suspicious😉

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more

1 Like

Has anyone used the Nait 50 on any Spendor floor standers at all?

Thanks

I also want to by one :sweat_smile:

will wait for your review :innocent:

1 Like

Some pretty serious discounts there… the 252/SC as well…wow.

1 Like

Considering that for the price of a Nait 50 one can buy a second hand Uniti Star what would be the benefits of getting a 50?

It will likely sound much better than a uniti star, but you’ll need a source…

3 Likes

I’ve not heard the Star, but I had a SuperUniti until I auditioned the Nait 50. I’m listening to it now, and the SU is being traded in for a new digital source. It was a big improvement.

I would imagine the Star would be similar to the SU sound quality wise.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I didn’t/wouldn’t cross shop the two.

1 Like

The 50 is one of the best sounding amps Naim make currently in my opinion, although it’s limited in absolute power and usability features such as remote so is not suitable for some use cases. These limitations might be adding to its SQ performance that otherwise could need significantly more expensive amps to match or exceed.

10 Likes

And that encapsulates it .

1 Like

I’ve got 2 of the little buggers and they’ll be in my coffin with me on departure from this world :grinning::+1:

5 Likes

Interesting its considered as one of the best sounding amps from Naim.

Apart from watt output …we are talking Statement, 500 & 300 level to be highest in hiearchy.
Some Supernait users seem to have changed for Nait 50 too.

Whats next? is the question I often ask myself.

Will they come up with another Nait 5i/XS entry level series 100 amp ?
Or will they do a higher powered amp based on N50 tech - won’t be cheap.
Or will be see a bunch of Class D based Naim amps in future.

1 Like

One more experience and comparison; the target is a second system for use in our country house (built in '73). Got a used nova to keep it simple. We did not become friends.

Swapped the nova for a 50, which immediately was way more enjoyable. In every setting tried. That is with a cheap source (auralic mini or even apples usb-c-dongle from an ipad), a nice source (chord tt2 with scaler), and various small speakers (from proac, totem and naim).

While there of course are differences, the 50 was not that far from my nagra msa, which is what I use in the main system with the chord units.

1 Like

Likewise Magnus - I had Nova at one stage and just didn’t do it for me

Now one of my little systems is Core/ndac/Nait 50

Why do we need more you might ask :grinning::flushed:

Why, are they mono? :rofl::wink:

I had a Nova and the Nait 50 sounds better, but as BrendenD says you will need a source .

I think as a product it will accommodate a source such as an LP12 or a NDX2 quite happily

1 Like