The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I bought for the same price in the beginning of the year

Agh yes, but the absence of these is possibly one of the reasons why it sounds so good ā€¦ there are minimal non audio specific electronics or other non key electronics robbing the performance.
I note some high end amps like DNM amps follow similar principlesā€¦ use of DIN and no non audio electronics. They even have separate pots for left and right volumeā€¦ā€¦ perhaps a step too far for Naim.

Hello Simon, I hadnā€™t thought of that.

I recently had a very, very bad tear in my knee - which left me in very serious discomfort and pain - and would rather have liked a remote.

Best wishes

Sorry to hear thatā€¦ I cheat ā€¦ I use the remote and digital volume control on my DAVE when using that as a sourceā€¦

4 Likes

DIN interconnects are readily available. Itā€™s only an issue if you are buying and testing a stack of cables and then trying to sell on.

No problem at all of you just order a lavender.

Oddly enough, I started inspecting my ancient A60 in preparation for a massive service and upgradeā€¦ Arcam also started with DIN it seems. Been so long Iā€™d forgotten.

Iā€™m sure DIN is just one small part of the magic recipe that contributes to the 50ā€™s success.

2 Likes

Hi

Unfortunately the dealer does not have another one to compare mine to so it will be back to Salisbury with it. Thanks for your help with this. Best regards Neil

Recently drank the kool aide and procured some Gold Badge Falcons. I find myself in a rather enchanting position in that the Nait is probably sufficiently run in, but the cartridge is probably only three quarters run in and the speakers maybe half. And it sounds fabulous. And on paper, it should continue to sound better every time I listen to it for a fair bit. Excited to see where it ends up!

31 Likes

@Acidwash Lovely neat system that I bet will sound amazing :+1:

1 Like

Love this simple and elegant vinyl set up, quite delightful really.

1 Like

Looks good, and bet it sounds great. And if at some point you want to let the speakers shine even more, if you have the space, consider a pair of Solidsteel SS standsā€¦ the imaging and lower end should get a bit of help and should tighten even more, you may well be even more enchanted :grinning:

3 Likes

Looks great

Have you tried 3 domes of blu-Tack under the speakers?

4 Likes

This is my small vinyl based system. The Nait 50 slotted in perfectly between a rather high class source and speakers. I canā€™t stop listening to music.

25 Likes

Nice analogue system. :+1:t2:
How have you connected the Urika to the 50. :thinking:

1 Like

Linn silvers with Mayware adapter. Plan for a Vertere Redline rca to din after the summer.

3 Likes

Nice one.
Tricky choice I use Silvers on everything but realise youā€™ve only din for extras.
If your adapter is nice and tight Iā€™d be inclined to keep the Silvers synergy with the Urika.
Save money and buy some records. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The adapter is a loose fit. So you prefer the silvers to the Chord and other rca to din alternatives?

1 Like

Defo mate.
I know many with top end Naim Pre and still prefer to keep the silvers on Urika and use the adaptor.
Mayware is the audiophile choice.
Iā€™d much rather have the adaptor than lose the synergy and signature change with a different cable.
Lovely set up. :+1:t2:
Less is more. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your views. I may eventually reconsider the fancy cable thoughts.

1 Like

If you have to keep synergy ā€œ most recommended ā€˜ and you are determined to remove the adaptor then any of the two stock Naim cables would be my next choice rather than throwing money at something with no matching signature identity.
Your choice but looking at the simplicity of the system you have Iā€™d keep it one way or other and not introduce an unknown variable.
Any of the below cables Iā€™ve highlighted from Naim should fit the bill.
:+1:t2:

1 Like

The Vertere Redline will not be throwing money away. Youā€™ll hear it the second you plug it in.

1 Like