The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Fair points , maybe I’m not expressing myself clearly enough what I’m really talking about is absolutes
. this amp is transparent
. this record is the best version

For me, statements of absolutes like these need the caveat in my compromised system with my compromised ears.

Back in the days I posted on here about not understanding how people could call the CX2 a bright sounding CD player – now I have the knowledge that it could well be bright sounding in some rooms and even dull in other rooms.
Also when I was espousing the “correct” tonality of the CDX2 I had high frequency, hearing loss which I wasn’t aware of so I wouldn’t have found it strident or harsh anyway.

No big deal and I don’t mean this to be about the Nait 50 either way, it’s just the expression of absolute like no colouration that caught my eye.

.sjb

4 Likes

So much sound&music, so few words!: )

Two little shoe boxes :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

Ah! They look like quite the couple - a bit shy may be? I sense they might wonder how they look together closer to each other? : )

There’s no way they sound bad, right?

Ha. when I have a spare moment I will try and move them closer together and get a photo.

All I can say is that when I replaced the SuperUniti with the Nait50 it was a dramatic difference. But I was using my Innuos’ ZenMini3’s internal DAC which had more detail and soundstage compared to the SU. But it was a little bit harsher and forward. The Auralic Vega S1 has been another dramatic difference… Everything now sounds bigger, fuller, more space in the instruments. less harsh but even more detailed. And it even has a few different filters to tweak the sound if one needs. I’ve left it on the default settings, for now.

6 Likes

sorry, what streamer is that?

No wifi option on the Vega right?

Correct, Ethernet cable only.

It’s the Auralic Vega S1

I liked this cable that I tried with the NAIT 50

I am so close to picking up one. The issue for me is I really have room for only one system and while I have a beautiful LP 12 Majik, I rarely listen to vinyl. Streaming and listening to live instagram shows are so convenient for me; my Atom is really suited to my needs. Having said that, the Nait was my first amp and to the day the biggest improvement to my listening.

New Nait 50 music centre

10 Likes

looks like ideal placement of amp not, at least the width is close

Seems an excellent match to the speakers audibly as well as physically
Will try some LP’s this weekend using the built in MM input.
Very happy so far … at the price they are selling for now ( aprox £1700 delivered ) its a winner

1 Like

What they should have been priced in first instance.

When released Naim was criticized for the high retail RRP, even I purchased one (at full RRP) I am not the slightest angry thinking what could have been saved (maybe a little angry tbh)

1 Like

It seems customary when a product has reached it’s last few units, you can also pick up a BluSound Node X at a silly price .

I need an opinion: I have an Olive Nait 2 (CD version) which needs a full service, $1500. Or I could sell the Nait2 and buy the new Nait50.

Nait2 has tons of boogie and sounds fun. The Nait50 is more powerful and has a phono input.

What would you do?

nait2

1 Like

:flushed: :flushed:

$1500 is AV Options (in the USA) basic service. Service includes:

Rubber foot w/screw
Volume Potentiometer (50KΩ)
4mm PCB mount socket, red
4mm PCB mount socket, black
T2A Fuse
R22 Wirewound Resistor
12R Wirewound Resistor
10μF 35V tantalum bead capacitor
47μF tantalum bead capacitor
10,000μF /40V reservoir capacitors 3300μF /25V reservoir capacitor
47μF / 35V Radial Capacitor
Capacitor, Axial, Bipolar, CO31, 40V, 47uF μ22 polypropylene cap for Zobel network 1KΩ Trim Pot
Bias circuit transistor - ZTX384C
BC239C Input transistor (matched pair) Driver transistor- PNP Med Power- ZTX652 Driver transistor- NPN Med Power- ZTX752 BD743A NPN output transistor

ALL 64 components are sourced from the Naim factory. Those highlighted in green are a higher grade than originally fitted.
We do a thorough cosmetic cleaning and restoration as needed
Completed rebuild is subjected to rigorous testing plus all necessary alignments. AV Options Certificate included.

2 Likes

With this sort of dilemma, you need to apply Man maths, Chris.

Service the NAIT2, buy the NAIT50 and enjoy both of them.

8 Likes

Oh dear… I already have a 500 system, SN3/NDX and a 172/200 system.

How many Naim systems should one own?

4 Likes