The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Thanks for your good wishes, James, much appreciated.

I have been speaking to James Allney at TomTom Audio abut finding a CB NAT tuner to form part of the system. He recommends a CB NAT-01, as CB NAT-02s are in hen’s teeth territory.

James has already supplied a pair of Falcon Gold Badge LS3/5As (and stands), so we’re getting there. If only I could persuade Naim to build a CB NAT single box shoe- box sized tuner. As that won’t happen, James is looking for a mint CB NAT-01 and PS for me.

1 Like

They thought that it should be fine, but of course no dealers have had the new Nait 50 yet, so it’s largely guesswork at this stage.

If only I could persuade Naim to build a CB NAT single box shoe- box sized tuner.
[/quote]

You could try an Atom HE as a source, I’ve had Magnum Dynalabs, and a NAT03 , the sound from Radio 3 HD is very good .

I’m not tech savvy and I find it the Naim easy to use

Don’t forget the NAT101/SNAPS. It’s not that far off the early CB NAT01 (and no display issues, apart from the bulb) performance-wise, costs less, should be more available, and looks just fabulous with a NAIT, so should look just as good with a NAIT 50.

4 Likes

Thank you, Richard. TomTom have a CB NAT-01, which they recommend. I will probably go with that, although I was hoping for a NAT-02, to keep the box count down.

2 Likes

I’ve got the NAT 01 graham - it’s sensational go for it you won’t regret it

The NAT02 one boxer did come out originally as CB but it’s very rare I believe

Tried to find one here in Australia but I would think none made it here

I haven’t seen a CB NAT02 for sale for a good few years. They were only around for about a year (or less) before the Olive took over.

Yes a pity that Richard , I did have the olive NAT02 for quite a number of years and it sounded great

But I really wanted the CB one so eventually took the plunge and went for the NAT 01 CB and it’s wonderful

1 Like

I just had a look on the Tom Tom website Graham

The NAT01 looks to be an olive version - maybe I’m not looking correctly

Thanks, Bevo, I have an Olive NAT-01/NAPST, currently in Salisbury for service/repair. It’s fantastic - some think that it’s the best product that Naim ever made, in terms of audio quality.

I have been lucky enough to reserve a Nait 50R, and I was looking for a one-box CB tuner to pair it with. James at TomTom tells me that CB NAT-02 tuners are very, very rare beasts.

Looks as though Tom Tom have 1997 NAT02 olive

Yes, but I’m looking for CB to match the Nait 50.

Well, scrub that last comment about the NAT-01 being in Salisbury for repair. Both boxes - plus repair sheet - dropped off with me just now.

I’ll connect everything back up after I’ve had some breakfast.

7 Likes

I hope you have a great day

Thank you, Ian.

1 Like

Interesting, had never thought of using the Uniti Atom HE and a NAIT2, but have read about people using it with a NAP of some sort. Does the signal still have to go through both the HE and NAIT preamps?

You can use an integrated instead of a power amp; just fix the atom he volume and adjust with the nait 2. So yes 2 preamp stagesbut can’t be avoided.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve used the Atom HE with both the SN3 and the Nait 2. I prefer to leave the amp at a fixed position, usually 9-10am and control the volume only from the Atom App/volume control. With 2 analogue preamp controls you don’t loose resolution either way if controlling from the integrated is preferred.

2 Likes

A lot of dealers have stacks of unrepairable Naim kit that has suffered ill fortune (well my dealer had) and keep for spares if the cases and fascias are okay.

It would be very tempting to pick up a wrecked HiCap, and fit a streamer and DAC inside. R-Pi streamer and Chord Hugo.

5 Likes

How about this little beauty for around £800?

Eversolo DMP-A6

Seems to have good specs, dimensions tie up quite well and what about those retro UVs.

DMP A-6 dimensions:
Length 180, width 270, height 90mm.

NAIT 50 dimensions:
Length 321, width 207, height 87mm.

7 Likes