The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Dimension is 270 mm across the front width. Nait is aprox 200 mm.

1 Like

I’ve posted a few images of this, looks good.

1 Like

Somewhere safe (where did I put it?) I have a napsc/headline outer sleeve with feet attached. I’m assuming carefully filing the edge will make it “chrome bumper”. I just need to figure out how to make a front/rear panel. Then a pi with hat dac is going inside.

The Chrome Bumper look was achieved by linishing the edge of the powder coated extruded sleeve. It’s a relatively easy process using a belt sander, albeit not one for the inexperienced! You’ll probably find somewhere to you nearby where you can get it done.

Thank you for pointing this out I have 270 rather than 207 for the Nait 50 width. Unfortunately I cannot correct this now myself, if deemed important perhaps @Richard.Dane could correct.

Corrected for you. I’ve also edited your post to remove the unauthorised link and the excess of Eversolo promotional stuff.

1 Like

@robert_h & @garcon Ah, many thanks, just like how I’m using my UQ2 then. Thought I’d missed something with the Atom HE and wondered if there was a line out that bypassed the pre.

1 Like

Hopefully Naim will present an affordable shoebox all-in-one streamer (something like a core with a streaming unit) in the future. This would me bring into streaming and many others I think

Like the old UnitiServe…with maybe an inbuilt Dac (with Rca line out)…

1 Like

Just noticed it has analogue RCA/XLR’s to connect directly to active speakers or power amp if reqd….

1 Like

Yes, exactly, comparable with the ZenMini

1 Like

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Next to a Nait 50, that looks hideous.

As does the Atom though to me.

3 Likes

Just hide a streamer / dac in a LP12 next to the Nait.

4 Likes

I’m matching the Nait 50 with these:

ELAC Vela VBS403 Bookshelf Speakers
Around £1800

9 Likes

Appreciated, nice spec though.

Anyone with information here, when the first units will leave sailsbury?
Too bad there is nothing on its SQ yet. No review been done. I must learn to be patient :smile:
I am really interested in how it compares to an original nait 1 or 2.

End of next month I was told?

1 Like

I phoned Naim two days ago (a unrelated query) and we got talking about the 50. I was told it was far better than a 1 or 2 and was certainly in Supernait 3 category. Time will tell I suppose.

5 Likes

For my taste, the new Cyrus Streams look good for a ‘match’…the Classic or prob the XR…due out in August I think…

When I look into your equipment (same as mine, except phonosophie vs lp12 and mk1 vs 2 SBL) we are coming from a high standard :innocent::grin:

Supernait category for mm photostage or overall - I ordered it for streaming only and because I like the look sooooo much. But my CB nait 2… is also a beauty :heart_eyes:

19 Likes