1 Like

My favourite and one which says it all :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

nait 2 cb is a beauty
only the knobs with shrinkage lines are ugly
same on mine

in this regards I expect a big improvement on my new nait50

5 Likes

Very similar image - but… mine is a bit younger I think. One of the latest with 51xxx, which is not of any importance :rofl:

I expect improvement not only from the esthaetics - but from sound as well.
The „volume dosage“ at lower volumes must be better … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

dito

1 Like

It looks a mint example @drago :+1:

1 Like

Blimey! A bargain then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, lets see!

It is like new - bought it a few months back from the original owner (3 km away). A lovely lady, who had offered both nait 1 plus 2 for 400 euro.
I stopped her doing this and she gave me me the no. 2 for 500 euro :grinning: and kept the nait 1 and want to use it again.
A very nice moment and all had been happy.

8 Likes

It will be really interesting if the Nait 50 would be in the same league as a SN3. It would take quite some gloss off the claims made for larger apparently more sophisticated amps and would make me think twice before buying any more expensive boxes if a shoe box can match it without all the size, weight and cost. Mind you I do find the amount of information, interest, speculation and opinions on new Naim products amazing on the forum. I am new to Nait and I am very pleased with my SN3 and NDX2. I just thought I had just bought some Hifi separates but actually I have entered a Naim Metaverse with an entire Naim ecosystem. It is a journey like no other.

5 Likes

It is a journey… oh yeah it is. A nice one :grinning:

2 Likes

I guess we’ll find out in due course. Remember the sn3 is 4 years old now as far as design is concerned. That’s 4 years of Steve and the team working and refining the new new classics, making a “better” 250 than the old one, implementing fly by wire techniques etc. and then stuffing what would fit into a chrome bumper case to make the nait 50.

At the Bristol show, Cyrus were showing off their new £3k integrated the i9-xr …. also in a shoebox case, the dimensions are pretty much the same. And that sounded pretty damn good it has to be said.

So it’s not outside the realms of possibility.

I’ve ordered one and will be able to compare it against the original Nait (serviced by Class A) and a Supernait 3 (with or without Hicap DR)

I’ve already tried running the phono stage of the Nait into the SN3 and liked what I heard so I’m hopeful that the Nait 50 will tick a few boxes and allow me to sell off some boxes!

1 Like

I don’t know Naim’s sales numbers, but the XS line of amplifiers seems to get skipped by most (including me). However, this new Nait is priced right near an XS3. The question should be ….does it outperform an XS3 for slightly less money? Ignoring the case design, where does it sit based on performance?

2 Likes

Let’s not forget that large power supplies still matter. The transformer in the SN3 is about the size of the whole Nait 50.

3 Likes

The nait 50 is £200 more than an xs3.

I’m sorry. I should have stated I am referring to prices in the USA. The XS3 is $3,999 here while the Nait 50 is $3,599.

I doubt most will be buying this amp for the outright performance. If you want Naim’s ‘best’ integrated then it’s still the SN3. With the NAIT 50, you’re buying a slice of nostalgia, a celebration of Naim’s 50th anniversary and a fantastic recreation of one of Naim’s most recognisable and IMHO, prettiest amps.

Saying that, the little NAIT 1 can still surprise as it just gets all the fundamental bits right that makes listening to music so enjoyable. I’m sure the NAIT 50 will do the same, albeit addressing some of the shortcomings of the original.

Richard summed it up nicely further up the thread.

6 Likes

As you said “ With something like this it’s probably more a question of want rather than need. I have more NAITs than I know what to do with but my desire for this limited edition celebration of 50 years of Naim’s is impossible to sensibly rationalise.”

I think that’s what I was trying to say, albeit somewhat clumsily :grinning:

ATB, J

mine is 45768

1 Like