The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I believe that future awaits me too, sadly. My teenage daughter tells me not to worry because she’s going to stick my wife and I into care and take the house but even assuming she’s joking, which is a leap of faith, my current family home takes a lot of effort that distracts me from the music! My last hearing test confirmed I’m in the middle of the normal downward trajectory for someone my age, especially the upper frequencies so for all these reasons I need to enjoy my system now!

2 Likes

Anyone knows how it compares to the nait/supernait?

I don’t think many (or even any) outside of Naim have heard the new NAIT 50 yet. We’ll know soon enough, I’m sure.

I think it’s a beautiful piece of kit but performance wise I don’t think the Supernait 3 will have much to worry about.

6 Likes

I’d love to own the new Nait 50 but unfortunately I’ve nowhere to put it except keep it in its box which seems a bit of a waste.

My Nait 2 CB and main rig setups are staying as is so thats me out.

Problem is how good does the new Nait 50 sound, no one knows except Naim and if they sell all 1973…

1 Like

I wish it a lot of success and more demand. Perhaps then NAIM might pursue a successor with a remote control? I would be in for that one!

2 Likes

Is it not possible that they do not sell and the dealers offer them at lower prices later on, a bit like other limited edition demo kit such as the solstice
I would not buy something without hearing it first

1 Like

Ready and waiting……

23 Likes

Aye, but the 50 does have a shorter signal path. That and the rest of the circuit design might win out for easily powered speakers.

1 Like

I’m sure it’ll sound much better than its predecessor.
Deserves to do well.
If I didn’t need three inputs including MC. :thinking:

2 Likes

Not according to one Naim technical guy! It is a lot simpler design than the SNait and with the new developments, who knows? Fingers crossed but as you say, time will tell :grinning:

It’ll look good saddled up alongside those two :+1:
Lovely furniture.

1 Like

No point in having it if I can’t plug my stuff in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Exactly!

I’m wondering if it can actually replace the nait xs3 as they cost the same.

Novelty anniversary amp commanding a higher price but if I had to choose one or the other I would go with the XS 3.

JMHO - YMMV

4 Likes

Thank you. John Lewis + Swoon Mendel sideboard - my choice for the new cottage (had to drill some holes through the back for some other hidden stuff).

1 Like

There’s a big i/o gap between them, plus the ability to separate pre and power. I’d be surprised.

Kinda makes you wonder if/how any New Classic integrated amps will offer the pre/power split.

(fellow XS3 owner, who wondered the same, and is trying to resist thinking about it too much :wink: )

1 Like

The Nait 50 is a limited production run, so I’m not sure. I saw it, I wanted it, today I ordered it.

4 Likes

Yep thats right, but the size difference is enormous. I specifically updated from xs2 to xs3 for the turntable terminals, but it turns out it’s not my cup of gin tonic. So I don’t really need lots of inputs. now looking for a tape deck to play a bit with recording. Remember when was a child was kinda cool… but rather than that i mostly stream, don’t even use cd often.

So if the device delivers same or greater performance will be great.

1 Like