The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Just plugged this one box wonder in, saves on those long walks :joy:

14 Likes

Nait 1 can streamā€¦ Never had thought that back in the 80s :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The best TT and phono stage you can afford. You already have couple of nice LP12s, so how about a s/h Prefix and HICAP or even a Superline and HICAP?

You could, of course, try an SUT on the NAIT50s phono input. However, I once tried an Auditorium 23 SUT with my NAIT2 and an ESCO DL-103 and preferred the Prefix. However, getting good matches with SUTs is very much a case of try it and see, some can work much better than others with different carts and phono stages, and even systems. You could just try a relatively inexpensive set of Ortofon T-5s (Sony HT-10/Empire ET-1) and see how you get on. Theyā€™re pretty effective and very neat and will give you some idea of what to expect.

1 Like

Yes a superline and Hicap combo just might just do the trick Richard

Just have to bring it out on the matching boxes ha ha :crazy_face:

Mind you that means another LP12 and another abode :grinning:

Being serious for a minute I think a big market out there for matching naim half box components - Harry and I talk about this all the time

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame NAIM wonā€™t provide something like this in one of their new matt shoeboxes.

2 Likes

You may well be right.

I havenā€™t had the time to pick up mine yet! But I am very curious about the sound and the signature of this little beauty! canā€™t wait

Well there are lots of other manufacturers out there producing the shoe box gear

But I guess Naim in some form or another already doing it with the Atoms etc but to me there is a big market for shoe box separates

Iā€™d put my money down tomorrow on a chrome bumper streamer !!! To match the Nait 50

11 Likes

My understanding is that 100 units were allocated for NA and all have been shipped to dealers.

Time to compare the NAIT 1 (never serviced and still going strong) vs NAIT2 (recently recapped/serviced) vs NAIT 50 LE (picked up this week) driving Neat Petite 3s sourced with an LIP12, NAT05XS and NDX. Should be interesting.

10 Likes

Checked out the Nait-50 at my Toronto Area dealer on the 15th. Picked it up yesterday when the Naim DIN to RCA cable was in.

An amazing piece of kit Iā€™ll be handing down to my kids.

10 Likes

Great to see these little boxes out in the wild and getting used.

Thanks for posting @0.0 and @Teme :+1:

5 Likes

Even I think it looks good - will it drive my SBLs? :grin:

I hope thereā€™s one wired up in the Demo Room next Friday (hint to Richard :laughing:)

2 Likes

Great pictures guys of the Nait 50 I wonder if all the Nait 50s have sold as Iā€™m temptedā€¦

Picked up the Nait 50 earlier todayā€¦will unpack and put it into the main system tomoz, and then also do same with the old trusty Nait 1 out of interestā€¦comments & piccies to followā€¦

8 Likes

Is that dealer in Aurora? I posted earlier in the thread about them having one in stock.

But it does not have a remote. Shame

As much as I really like my recently serviced NAC42 and NAP110, it will be a pain when Iā€™m confined to my bath chair :joy:

My dealer ordered 3

This is a once in a (Naim) lifetime opportunityā€¦if you think you want one, get oneā€¦quickā€¦

1 Like

I will call my dealer in the morning and ask the question.