The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Connected up the old Nait 1 (serviced at HQ), always brings a smile to my face…its driving the 606’s pretty well…
Bass prob not as good as Nait 50, plenty of detail and boogie…very enjoyable…

It usually is connected to some Royd Eden’s, maybe tomoz I will bring them down and connect them up to the '50 and the '1…and compare…

As I am listening and the Nait 1 is warming up more (and my ears), the better it gets…what a super little amp !

Flipped back to the '50…nowt wrong with the Nait 1…and the Nait 50 is a great tribute/homage to it.

Will let the '50 run for 24hrs now…and play again tomoz :smile:

6 Likes

I did ask myself , why I was spending £2700 on a three input amp at 25 watts per channel , with no digital inputs and no remote control …

Thing is, I can’t imagine in a month of Sundays Naim releasing an anniversary product that would prove detrimental to it’s reputation

8 Likes

The Nait 1 is a surprisingly feisty little thing and can drive the Titan 606s remarkably well.

Enjoy your Nait 50 :+1:

1 Like

Thanks James

The Nait 1 is great…

The Nait 50 is ‘loosening’ up nicely…my goodness, those 350’s are gonna be damn good :smile:

3 Likes

@anon17748768 Very Fine :slight_smile: - please go on with your impressions. :slight_smile:
Love to read.
What is the difference in sound spectrum (Nait 1 to 50) - if you can tell anyway as it is already a few hours unpacked

2 Likes

I see now (by comparing the old and the new Naits) that the Nait 50 has no balance control. Is that a first for Naim?

As others on here are starting to receive their new Naits, I hope to hear from Audio T soon that mine has arrived.

1 Like

Not a first. My NAIT XS3 has no balance control. Well, not just my XS3, no XS3s have a balance control :slight_smile:

Don’t forget a year ago the “zinc edition” or whatever they called it. That must have bombed I would have thought.

2 Likes

Yes David

A salutory reminder .

My ambition all along has been to simplify whilst reducing the box count and keeping quality as high as possible , when I saw a brand new Star at 2/3rds the price a few months ago -I was tempted (for a short while)

As it wasn’t going to have any Naim companions it didn’t bother me that it wasn’t black

I absolutely don’t need a NAIT50 but I am fighting a rearguard action against myself to stop me buying one anyway. I am hoping to hang on until they are all sold, but I am not sure whether I will succeed.

11 Likes

I absolutely didn’t need one…its’ once in a lifetime and its’ fun… YOLO…

2 Likes

Thanks drago

will do a further comparison tomorrow when the '50 has settled down…

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy a new Star at 2/3rds of the price even if it were black, or even 1/2 price come to that. But if it were a Nova at 2/3rds the price, I might have been tempted even if it were a weird grey colour.

1 Like

That is a good reason I agree…

Same here :grin:

1 Like

No balance control on the '50, the balance control ‘space’ being taken by the headphone socket…the balance control on the '1 is pretty rudimentary anyways…
A bonus, as you are using your '50 in a bedroom system, you get a ‘free’ nightlight…the white led is pretty bright (on mine anyways). :grinning:

1 Like

But when you use auto standby the led will go off?

1 Like

It dims significantly…not very bright.

2 Likes

Fine with me - in my bedroom a dark qute 2 is hooked to my tv :smile:

1 Like

One word : stunning Amp Lifier Perfectly manufactured Congratulations Steve !

15 Likes