The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Looking very tidy!

1 Like

clean with crisp edges . I defo watch to much Grand Designs

1 Like

I hears lots of comments about the nait 50 having no remote. If you are using a streamer as your source and not a turntable would you not be able to use your phone/tablet for a remote through your streamer?

3 Likes

The only thing you can’t do is change input or volume on the amp itself. Fancy having to press buttons in this day and age?!

1 Like

I would like to find out how this compares with the Atom. I am thinking about making the switch.

2 Likes

I used these for my records.

Slips between the records.

DG…

4 Likes

Wired in the Royd Eden’s, sound is OK, however they both drive the 606’s so much better…

Thinking a nice pair of little Neats may be pretty good…will pop down and visit the Dealer in due course.

The partner streamer (DMP-A6) also needs installing, and need to decide which of the TT’s & cartridge to use…
Was thinking the Michell Focus 1, SME3009, and the G1042 (from the TD160), which should be OK for the Nait MM phono…such fun… :smiley:

Have a good Sunday

generally, I am so curious as to how it sounds and the sound signature and of course how it compares to other Naim products

I should know better but I’ve ordered some Neat Elite Classics unheard outside of the Bristol Hi-Fi show in anticipation of my Nait 50 arrival.

3 Likes

Don’t think you’ll be unhappy Neats and Naim are a great combo.

what’s the beautiful shelves model?

1 Like

Isoblue HiFi rack, 60 series, in Ash

2 Likes

Here are my first impressions after listening through the N50 during this week end.
Out of the box, this one is indeed punchy.
For vinyl listening, I connected my GAE- Ortofon 2Mblack to both the N50 MM preamp and the Rega aria MM connected to N50aux. I noticed a more airy soundstage and tighter bass on N50 than the warmer aria. I prefer the N50mm sound of course
Regarding streaming or CD sound, the N50 is indeed more detailed and clear soundy than my nait5i
I have tested the N50 headphone too and compared with the dedicated Naim headline through one Sennheiser 660S and same bottom line clearer and punchy. Nevertheless I believe the sound will become warmer and warmer once break in is over

4 Likes

The Isoblue is really good nbk1943 and quite a few UK Naim dealers sell them.

Not the last word in clarity but a very natural and slightly warm sound with good note decay, timing, and most of all more musically coherent than several others I tried. Not heard the Naim Fraim though.

2 Likes

The speakers I have the fondest memory of (Ruark Sabres) were bought blind - I saw the lovely woodwork and had to have them

I’m struggling a bit with the notion that it’s driving 606s ok. I had my atom paired with my 606s for a while - it was ok for a short while but definitely needed the extra power from the bigger amps. What am i missing?

The poweramp inside the nait 50 should be more accomplished than anything in the uniti range, if this is true: there’s a nap250 inside. (I suspect Pym particles)

6 Likes

A Nait 50 of course :smiley:

Seriously, I put the Nait 50 into my main system to check out its’ capabilities knowing that it would have a very capable streaming source and very capable speakers…its’ not staying there.

It is very good, as I said somewhere previous ‘‘of course doesn’t have the grip and control of the bass that the 500DR has’’…and at higher volume it does struggle (no surprise there). Overall, it is a fine little amp, one prob wouldn’t ‘match’ it with the 606’s…I am thinking a nice pair of small Neats will be a very good match. Need to demo…

I have never heard the Atom so can’t comment directly on that vs the '50.

edit - from my demos, the NC250.3 would sound pretty amazing in yr system , as good as the 300DR is. Of course the NC350’s…that’s another story…

4 Likes

I built my system in a shockingly arse about face way, but the Atom really performed well with the 606s much to the surprise (worry actually I think) of my dealer. I then went on to add a NAP 300 DR to the Atom. Perhaps the ultimate Naim mullet.

3 Likes

The '50 has been playing for a couple of days now…very punchy, excellent detail, tight bass (has developed more as run in continues). relatively low background noise/clear sound…the more I listen to it, the more it reminds me of the NC250.3 that I recently had on home demo…so it is a mini-250.3…

(the NC250.3, no surprise, had more grip and control of the bass and more oomph, however very similar sound signature.)

Compared with the trusty Nait 1 which has great boogie & rhythm, and good detail. The '50 is definitely a great step up from this little icon…more of everything.

Prob tomorrow will fire back up the 552DR/500DR for a comparative listen, and also commission the DMP-A6…

12 Likes