The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

I’ve been listening to my NAIT 50 for a day or so now and love everything about it. It’s currently sat where a Cyrus One Cast was doing duty with a Rega Planar 1 into very modest bookshelf speakers while I work out where it might go long term.
My partner, who has zero knowledge of Hifi and only ever hears music if she’s in a room where I’m playing it said of the NAIT “the sound is fuller and deeper, I can hear the smokiness in the singer’s voice that I couldn’t hear before, and the woman’s voice has more tones” (we were listening to Low’s The Invisible Way.
I think she’s spot on. The dynamics and detail are wonderful.

8 Likes

I suspect a bit of artistic licence in play here. Whilst it’s the same Quasi complementary configuration as the 250, it lacks the 250’s bigger PSU and (DR based) regulator stages. Still a cracker of an amp though.

1 Like

Yeah definitely a bit of marketing speak; I don’t know who’s writing their copy, but the origin of the info is r&d, so it would be interesting to read and compare before and after.
Or pym particles have been used to squeeze more into the same volume.
Anyway, I’ll find out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ha yes, Engineering and marketing depts usually speak in different languages :man_facepalming:

Thanks - this is what I want to hear. I think it will be a fine little amp. But can it also beat the Nait 1 when it comes to boogie and rhythm? :slight_smile: Detail and the pushing sound will be perfect with the 50… I can only think how good it will be.

1 Like

Won’t it be Little Red Rooster?

Reality vs. hyperbole?

3 Likes

Usually trying to turn the hyperbole into reality :grinning:

I think the roosters look after press etc but internally they write the manuals etc.

Engineers do the “difficult” today, the impossible takes a tad longer!

3 Likes

Unless they’re all sold then first up for our NAIT 50 will be Sopra 2’s :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well - where to start - dare I say it after all the chat re new system in new room, that’s being sorted and I’m waiting for a full 222/300/250 - speaker decision will be sorted when all moved.
Well I’d been reading this thread and really getting the vintage vibe. Plus I remember listening to a Rega Planar 2 many many years ago at Sound Advice in Loughborough as I was about to set off on my journey and the amplifier used was yes you guessed it - Nait 1. Well I just couldn’t resist any longer when I thought of a use for the Nait 50 - my new office! Orders in - oh dear - what have I done - can’t wait!

17 Likes

I am so glad I have a Nait 2 already. Saved me thousands :grin:

7 Likes

can someone compare to a statement amplifier setup please - not sure if the NAIT50 can compete…

2 Likes

I think I’d like to hear it vs a cb 250 or even the classic 250.

Which transistors are in this Nait 50? The na009 or the earlier pre Dr amp versions?

I listened to the Nait 50 hooked up to Spendor Classic 1/3’s at the local A.D. 2.5m(8’)distance and at +/- 80 decibels in a 19m2(200sqft) room, the Nait 50’s volume control was at 9pm . More than enough power for me.

1 Like

Ours is hooked up to our 1978 Planar2 - absolutely fantastic. :star_struck::star_struck:I’m sure you’ll love it.

1 Like

ID removed deliberately: from instagram … not me btw this is a hifi dealer. Hopefully not deemed an advert.

4 Likes

Not sure which I’m looking forward to the most - 222/300/250 in main system or Nait 50 in office system

:smile::+1:

9 Likes