The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Yes.
Turntable RCA
Everything else Din unless you faff with adaptors.

1 Like

Nait 50 has auto standby, it does not have auto wake

The nait 50 has music sensing so it knows when to turn off (after approx 15 mins of silence).

It will not wake on music. This requires power to keep the input select relays on and the phono stage on and it would exceed power limits.

If the rear auto on switch is in the up position it will not auto standby.

1 Like

Then the manual need an update.

“Music Sensing will wake the amp from Standby when it detects an input signal.”

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I will have marketing make sure the latest version is online.

It was a copy and paste from NAP250. I know it has been corrected once :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That should add rarity value to the Ltd edition Nait 50 books with the misprint. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I haven’t read the book! Just reading pdf online.
The printed book in the box is wrong as well. Checked English french and Spanish.

The manual also states “for the optimum sound quality” keep the switch in the instant on postion, thats where mine is staying :grin:

1 Like

Priceless

1 Like

so it’s better than the Atom for vinyl? I have an Atom, Stageline and LP12 and am considering the switch (if it’s not too late). How is it for streaming?

2 Likes

With regard to the wake up I believe.

I just thought in general. :sleeping: :wink:

That is sad, as I was looking forward to this option with auto wake-up… :frowning:
But no problem - can walk - have to, as the volume knob needs a gentle touch.

Keep it always on :slight_smile:

Illumination… with bright LED and Minions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the reason it’s so much better for vinyl is the fact that it’s all analogue all the way. You avoid the Atom’s digitisation of its analogue input.
Streaming will likely depend considerably on your streamer and DAC. The Zen Mini sounds fantastic with HiDef source material through the NAIT’s “Stream” input using the Zen’s analogue output. I intend to find a reasonably priced usb DSD dac to see if I can detect any improvement but as it stands I’m loving it.

1 Like

Just listening whole day… WOW… what dynamics … love the little nait … There is boogie inside. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

PS: and Powerline does a really good job - always thought that these Powercable stuff is a myth and now … want more :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I didn’t need to hear that! :wink:

3 Likes

Like postage stamps where the Queen’s head was back to front?

1 Like

listened hours and hours in the meantime.

Imho the NAIT 50 is amp you have to love for what it is -
A small very pretty looking nice sounding piece of hifi gear.
He shines in the mids and heights if you match this amp with great source and matching speakers.
The bass isn`t the deepes but punchy and textured.

my Listening experience with different speakers and Nagaoka200mp System.

the Spendor BC1s doesnt match for my taste.
why?
the NAIT50 is maybe a bit to detailed to let the BC1s cuddle - or too fast? anyway I was not in love with this combo. I missed the casual easy listening experience which I enjoy with the BC1s.
Imho the Nait 2 CB produces a more apealing listening experience with this speakers.

With the Cornwall it is the other way around.
NAIT2 can`t deliver pleasurefolels enjoyment.
the NAIT50 delivers a incredible deep soundstage. Rock solid this combo creates pure enjoyment and allowes you to listen deep into the recording.
The power of this combo is like dynamite.
I really love that set-up.

there is one thing which is really a pain and I cant understand how this could happen. The LED light is a huge foupax. In the middle of the night you can turn of the room light and read your newspaper without any issue thanks to the led light of your NAIT50. OK - its exaggerated but this give a impression how much this light disturbs by listening experience.
looking to the beauity isn`t possible in dark conditions because the light blinds you.

and yes - if I shout off my amp, I want him to turn off the light to 0. also this doesn`t work.

sorry NAIM - it`s really something unacceptable to me. You should send to everyone a solution to get this fixed.

yes it`s a pitty to finish this very positive listening experience with such a stupid criticism.

To be honest, I’m a bit speechless

1 Like