The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

The deliveries seem random, as I’ve read of people in Italy receiving theirs. I ordered one as soon as I heard of it, but perhaps others were quicker off the mark.

Still, good things are said to come to those that wait!

We saw plenty of units in production at the factory during our tour last Friday, so they are coming along…

4 Likes

Certification costs for the NAIT 50 would be a lot lower and of course the number being made is higher. It will be interesting to see whether Naim do something past the limited edition. It’s hard to believe that they won’t, even if they put it into a NC case and add in some modern-day features like a remote and a couple more inputs.

1 Like

And call it a supernait 3?

I suspect the with 25 watts per channel , only din line inputs and no remote , it’s appeal is mainly nostalgic to Naim users but less so Naim Newbies

I wonder if the likes of Audio T and 7 :deciduous_tree: may need to be batch delivered , I’m not in any rush and as you say,“good things come to those that wait”

That was one of my mother’s favourite sayings to me, however she always thought it should apply to others and not herself

No me neither, no doubt ours will come in time.
Just makes you impatient hearing all the positive remarks from those that have theirs & a little nervous until it’s in my hands!

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that the dealers you’ve mentioned have ordered in the double figures. My dealer received an order of 1.

Bean playing with mine this weekend swapping fonts between iPad/Mojo2, vintage NAD CD Player 5420, Cambridge MXN10, Linn Majik CD, all good and lots of fun, 3 speakers joined the audition, the Naim IBL, Sterling LS3/5a V2 and Audio note AN-K Lx, again all good fun in every genre of music.
the winner system for my ears was, Nait50 / Cambridge MXN10/Mojo2 and Audio note´s AN-K Lx.

20 Likes

She was absolutely right in that.

I think that I prefer ‘Devil take the hindmost’!

Musicraft’s one is serial nr 535616 and mine is sr 533860
Gap is 1756 units

FYI: The serial numbers are shared between all products manufactured on-site. 1,973x were not blocked booked for Nait 50 to be sequential.

2 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding and thanks for clarification

Interesting to note that this thread has now gone well past the ‘New Classic’ thread, which deals with a range of products while here we have only the one (and more recent). Could it be that more and more customers are looking for small, well designed, good looking, good sounding components, that don’t rival the cost of a second car? I hope none of this is lost on Naim. Next up should be a CB styled streamer using the innards of the ND5 XS2 or better. They should sell about how many? Perhaps 1,973….

8 Likes

In general lower price equals higher volume equals higher rate of buzz on the net/in forums. I would assume the LE version is replaced with a standard version as soon as it’s out of stock.

Yes - with update on sunburn LED :slight_smile: Kidding!
Or in a NC Casing - also NICE!

I view the interest in the Nait 50 as similar to that of people who buy Morgan cars, a desire to buy something reassuringly old-fashioned and sticking up a digit or two to modernity.

Now if Naim had made it with remote control I might have been interested but having to walk across the room to change the volume is so twentieth-century:wink: :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t see it as an old-fashioned product. On the other hand, I see it as a trendy product which aligns perfectly with contemporary trends. Look at the Enleum 32r (hype), for instance (I know there is a remote) … Strong tendencies point towards simplicity and tactility, pushing a button instead of touching a screen… (Btw people said the same about vinyl) all brands are reviving classics etc. Also, I would never buy a great high-end product where amplification Dac and streaming are in the same box… for me, it makes sense to have the DAC and streamer separate it is a highly volatile market with lots of new developments that move fast

5 Likes

Indeed. It is not an audio product. It is following a trend. Nothing wrong with that but I won’t be swapping my 552/300 for one.

Vinyl will pass out of the hifi spectrum once it stops being trendy.

Vinyl stopped being trendy a long time ago…then it came back!

5 Likes