The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Could there be a picture missing from that post?

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Enjoy……you need a treat, best wishes.

1 Like

I see you ignored the instructions as I did :wink:

5 Likes

Why is a customer warned about this?

1 Like

Because the supplied plugs are an ideal match for the sockets so there’s a risk that using other plugs may well impair performance. Also, for sockets that are soldered to the PCB board, the supplied Naim SA8 plugs relieve some of the stress on the solder joint that can occur with individual plugs.

4 Likes

Because some wombats manage to introduce the individual plugs to the mains.

Where electrical safety is an issue, sheathed plugs and sockets are used. These plugs have fixed or sliding sheaths or other devices to protect the user from accidental contact with live conductors, but are still largely compatible with the original design. When inserted, the sheaths of the plug and socket overlap fully, ensuring that no live metal is exposed. A typical design is now required (IEC 61010) on multimeter test leads and several other measurement and laboratory equipment. In this design, the metal banana plug is entirely sheathed in a plastic tube and inserts into a deeply recessed jack in the multimeter. Alternatively, the equipment may use a deeply recessed male banana plug, while the test lead uses a sheathed banana jack. Additionally, the test lead wire must be made with insulation rated for higher voltages.

In most European countries, the standard mains power receptacle will physically accept banana and even US-style “double banana” plugs (the standard US pin spacing of 3⁄4 inch (19 mm) is close enough to the mains plug spacing of about 19 mm, and the pin diameter is also compatible), leading to a risk of electrical shock. For this reason, throughout the European Union, audio amplifiers and loudspeakers that accept banana plugs must have plastic plugs in their sockets which can be manually removed by the user.

The UK was included in the prohibition even though such mains sockets were not used there.

3 Likes

Arrived this afternoon and is warming up but too busy to have a serious listen but first impressions are extremely good.

Glad I took that leap of faith within an hour of the announcement. And thanks to James & Henry @ TomTom for their excellent service as usual.

10 Likes

It looks like a quasar! So yes, we should all be worried! :milky_way:

Whitchhat Morgana - I do have one boxed… should I try? :slight_smile:
First I should try with ND555!

Powerline missing!

1 Like

Make the CB streamer look like this please!

18 Likes

Ooops - ignored as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fully understood. The naim plugs are really good! Love to plug once instead of twice. But with the NACA5 cable coming out at the bottom it can be hard to dress correctly, so that there is no stress on the plugs.
Had it with NAP250 before - took me a while (and went well when on fraim and placed a bit backwards) to manage the plugs without stress on the plugs.

With NACA5 you can bend the cable using a hair dryer

Who told you that I still have hair? :slight_smile:
I know, but never tried it… Bending, massaging … my hands are aching :slight_smile:
Compared with nait 2 - the “LS terminals” are ROCK-solid on nait 50. All is sooo good manufactured :slight_smile:

Just needs a (bright) white LED :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

:rofl:
So long ago - for the first time I went to the in cinema two days in a row :slight_smile:

The force is definitely with nait 50 … it is running wild. LOVE it! Made A/B with nait 2 yesterday… now there are leagues between the two. One day I will test him in main system.
When I am honest - it is all amp I need … but what about the other 34 naim boxes … :rofl:

5 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

I have to say that I think that would be my preference too, and if not, then just a power on/off wheel to match the Nait 50. Cheaper without the screen too + less to go wrong.

3 Likes