The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Naim Super Luminar speaker cables have ’ standard ’ banana plugs . Can I use them ?
Obviously the Super Luminar spade plugs are a non starter .

This is the inside; I can’t see it making any difference which plugs you use, certainly from a “don’t stress the socket” point of view.

8 Likes

Sure you can, the NAIT 50 doesn’t have PCB mounted sockets so there’s no issues.

1 Like

I’m curious to see what the feet look like. I thought it was ingenious how the feet held the case onto the body of the amp with the early Naits.

2 Likes

I think they’re just screwed on to the underside.

IMG_5986

That looks like an early Nait.
It must be the same way of holding the amp together on the 50 as it was on the original. Cool.

My Nait 50 has just been delivered, and unboxed.

What a lovely piece of design, the retro CB look is sensational.

I can’t get the plastic speaker connections out of the rear sockets, but don’t want to apply too much (or indeed any) brute force.

Any suggestions, please, anyone?

(Surely I can’t be the only one having this difficulty?)

1 Like

No need, I had connected the nac a5 cables in a reversed fashion (right cable to the left and left to right so that the cable instead of facing down it is now faces up) when I had nap 200 placed on the bottom shelf of the naim Fraim.

They just pull out no locks best is to wiggle them longways while pulling.
:cold_sweat:

I think you got one of the special ones with childproof plugs.

1 Like

Problem with your method is the cable sticks up at the back of the amp

I knew you had one and was searching the forum the other day for your thoughts, but couldn’t find them obvs! Look forward to your update.

1 Like

Thank you. I used a letter opener to squeeze them out. I’m not sure that I would have dared without your guidance!

1 Like

Will update soonest…tomorrow is either commission the Eversolo or the Log splitter, or if all goes well may manage both…exciting lives we live :smiley:

1 Like

That wouldn’t surprise me at all!

You’re welcome.
Great plugs with good grip and stress sharing.
I hate that feeling when something new seems wrong.
Enjoy the box it’s a beauty. :partying_face: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

A person I really respect who is more experienced with Naim than anyone I know said that it was like a 32.5/HiCap/160

2 Likes

Nice! Not much higher praise than that - in my book at least.

1 Like

I had to pull them out with a bit force as well - but the force is with is :slight_smile:

The force is strong with the Nait 50 this amp is fantastic

2 Likes