The new NAIT XS3 & SUPERNAIT 3

I’m sure everything else being = these amps performance wise are a step-up on the existing models. However, I question the logic behind the phono stage. To my mind the Stageline(s) and indeed Superline offer real flexibility when it comes to cartridge matching but the on-board solution (MM) must surely be somewhat limited. Indeed, both amps price wise seem to be in the region of the higher end Regas etc which would suggest MCs?

Best regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

If user don’t need PSU upgrade like HiCap and is ok to build in MM phono, then yes it save space. But if user plan to buy HiCap in the future, then Stageline may be a more flexible choice. HiCap and Stageline can put in the same tier on most rack.

Maybe just an indication that these don’t sell well, since everybody expects a new model soon… Start a new thread and pretend you heard about a updated 272 from your dealer – if a new 272 is in the pipeline, the thread will disappear after a short while… That is what happened to the XS3 thread a few weeks ago… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I did …and already waiting for a demo
B

In my opinion if people hear of a upgraded model and post here, as long as the rumour is not fake then there is no reason to take the post down. People save a lot of their hard earned money to buy Naim products. They are all expensive items and not ‘loose change’ to most people. This forum is fantastic advertising and Naim will sell a lot of products from having such an active community. SN2 will be reduced now and some (many) people who bought in June probably would have waited. This forum represents a small amount of users and allowing some freedom of speech over new models (if genuine) should not be restricted. Anyway, just my thoughts.

1 Like

I would have waited …as the new price is not much more than what I paid.
We have like a headphone output also
B

1 Like

Bad idea. Any new product rumour, whether true or false, is removed as a matter of policy; if false, it’s misleading, and possibly damaging, and if true, well, Naim wouldn’t want the surprise spoiled.

1 Like

Looking at the email informing me of these new NAIT’s made me realise just how pig ugly the new NAIM stuff is when compared to the old CB style,

Shame really,

1 Like

Those empty Fraim shelves send subliminal messages however.

one member bought an xs2 one month ago. If it happened to me i would be very angry against my dealer. He should normally know that the xs3 was very soon to arrive.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree less. Sorry.

4 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder – and I think Black is Beautiful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how that could work ? Would you expect the dealer to say don’t buy this as a new model is due for release and I’ll be happy to keep the old one as dead stock ?
This added to Naim’s notorious elastic timescales for new product releases would be an absolute nightmare for a dealer. I get where your’e coming from, and no doubt wouldn’t be too happy if it happened to me, but I can’t see a solution that would satisfy everybody.

i understand what you say, but in that case especially the nait and supernait were unchanged since many many years. So buying the old model for the same price as the new would be very disappointing for me.

1 Like

I think I’d expect a dealer to tell me if a new model was imminent, then I could decide…assuming a dealer would know one month before.
However, this surely is down to one’s long-term relationship with them - I’d be happy to talk to my dealer about a possible upgrade p/ex in the event of just purchasing a soon-to-be-discontinued model. And I think they’d be helpful as much as they can be…that’s why they’re my go-to.

1 Like

my dealer would personally told me if a new model is imminent. Perhaps not 6 months before but one month yes.

The upcoming new models cost a bit more than the outgoing ones (but then you do get a phono stage and improvements).

so i would be half disappointed in that case, if the difference is consequent.

I bought my SN2 and NDX2 exactly 3 months ago, about 2 months before the rumors came out, I can assure you that this was a very big financial commitment for me, and I wanted the best 2 box option available. Now, it’s a lovely system. But I am very disappointed, because it’s now not the best 2 box option available. Bad luck off course and a catch 22 for the dealer, but pretty frustrated all the same. And we scored low in the cricket…

5 Likes

i would be also a bit flustrated. 3 years ago i bought the unitserve. 7 months later the uniticore was launched. I had the same feeling.
However, if you have no turntable, you will just loose the dr preamp on the SN3.