The new NAIT XS3 & SUPERNAIT 3

Interesting Xanthe. I know that the AT carts have always worked well with the Naim MM phono stages and have been used in the factory. The old Supex SM100 was also a favourite. As I say, I’d love to know what was used redeveloping these new Integrateds.

I was thinking more about the old MMs, such as the Ortofon MMs that presented very real issues into many phonos stages and led to Ortofon having to introduce little capacitance cards that slipped in on the back of their cartridges.

Speaker Outputs : SUPERNAIT 3 - 80W per channel into 8 ohms (4mm sockets), 130W per channel into 4 ohms.

Full details now on the Naim website.

Edward

I guess we all await the STATEMENT 2.

1 Like

I was close to buying a SN2 recently. Held off for a couple of reasons, not least a comment I saw on this forum about ‘Lots of ex-dem SN2’s being offered cheaply at the moment’ - that definitely put me off.

I will listen to both new integrated amps (once they have been out for a while).

I think think the price of the new SN3 has crept up a bit too (£250?). If there is not a significant increase in SQ, I might buy a low cost, almost new SN2, I do not need phono.

I feel a bit sorry for those who have just bought; I know they won’t be thinking of selling but the secondhand value of their new kit will probably have fallen a bit, but their amps are still brilliant.

1 Like

When i spoke to Steve Sells a few weeks back about his home system, he had a Supernait ( might be the SN3 on test). He also said he has one of the old research Statement amps that he tinkers with in his spare time for ideas for the next version.

3 Likes

That may prove a smart move if you don’t require phono, today you can buy a new SN2 from a Naim dealer for £2199, a considerable £1300 less than the SN3.
Also again if no phono required if you op for an XS2 over an XS3 another good saving of £850.

1 Like

Interesting.
Also explains why the SN2 and SN1 where dropping in resale and availability recently increased.

I may try the NDX2/SN3 :crazy_face:

Nah! You’ll want the NDX3 for that job! :smiley::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I suppose the big question is that if you dident require the phono stage is it a justifiable step up from the SN2?

3 Likes

I shall be watching for SN3 reviews with interest as I was planning a more in-depth dem of the SN2 in the coming weeks (only heard it once quite a while ago, and then not for long)…
VERY intrigued to hear both!

And I do wonder about the XS3 (I have XS2), but a SN has been long on my wishlist…

Can we assume they will still be upgradeable with a high cap DR and Supercap DR? It would be nice if the 555DR could somehow be used, but I doubt that.

Yes, they will; The 555 does not work with amplifiers, other than the 272.

2 Likes

Yes, both the Hicap/Hicap DR and Supercap/Supercap DR can be added as upgrades.

I rather like this picture of the Supernait 3 with an NDX2 and a Hicap DR. That could well be a rather fine streaming system with not too many boxes. Just add a turntable…

13 Likes

Does anyone know whether the volume control on it is the same as the SN2?
I’m wondering whether it will be good for adjusting low volumes precisely?

Yes exactly the same Alps blue velvet pot.

That sounds a bit like something one would buy at Waitrose…

5 Likes

ummm - just relax and drift away with a whiff of Alps Blue Velvet…

3 Likes

Also if you look at the rear of the SN3 you can still do this…

There’s a lot of ex demo 272s about at the moment.
Is this significant?

So significant that if we keep talking about it, this topic will disappear.

4 Likes